FORUMS: list search recent posts

speed(or lack of )

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
wayne shields
speed(or lack of )
on May 30, 2011 at 8:51:48 pm

I am building both blue ray and DVDs for some time now and love Encore as a programme. I have cs5 master suite.I use Photoshop to change the custom menus etc, but each time I come back to a project it can take up to 6 or 7 minutes for it to load completely.
I have 4 gig of ram and am running a quad core with plenty of room on my hard drive.Even if i delete cookies etc. it still seems to take forever. The projects eventually load, but it has become a real pain.I notice that some of the changed menus still exist- not sure that I want to delete these but by doing so will this help??Sometimes I get a message saying to save immediately as I have run out of ram- I'm almost certain that this is tied up with it but not sure how to fix this either.

Any help here would greatly be appreciated
Wayne

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: speed(or lack of )
on May 31, 2011 at 2:15:30 am

Load up on RAM. 4GB may seem like a lot compared to 5+ years ago...but these days you need tons. Get at least 12GB...or if you can afford more, go for it. I stepped into a new job recently with a Mac with 6GB of RAM which would act up if running too many apps at the same time. I loaded it up with 12GB and it's a night / day difference...all good now!

LittleBlackBird.net

GraphicsDump.com

Return to posts index

wayne shields
Re: speed(or lack of )
on May 31, 2011 at 11:13:31 am

yeah I was afraid of that.Not sure how much more my PC can take so will have to check it out- thanks anyway and best Regards

Wayne

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]