FORUMS: list search recent posts

Saving BluRay menu as DVD menu

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent Dunn
Saving BluRay menu as DVD menu
on May 26, 2011 at 4:10:21 pm

I have a film that I am putting on BluRay & DVD. I've done my BluRay menu and made the disc image. It is too big for a DVD, so I've had to delete some timelines and menu options.

I was trying to save as a DVD so I would have both the BluRay I created and a separate DVD menu settings. When trying to do this, it just froze up.

Is there a better way to use my same project and save as both a BluRay and DVD in case I want to make changes later?

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com
Video Marketing Toolbox.net

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro Tower, Quad Core,
with Final Cut Studio

HP i7 Quad laptop
Adobe CS-5 Production Suite

Return to posts index

Brent Dunn
Re: Saving BluRay menu as DVD menu
on May 31, 2011 at 2:06:09 pm

I guess nobody has this answer

Brent Dunn
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
with Final Cut Studio

HP i7 Quad laptop

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Jun 1, 2011 at 6:06:11 pm

hey brent,
first of all I would open your project and save it AS. give it the same name with an index DVD at the end, so you know which one is BD and which is DVD.

then you need to select the built-tab and change your format fram blu-ray to DVD and select disc-folder.

next step will be to set the correct transcoding-setting for DVD. before that you need to do a bitbudgeting, to be sure the data-rate wont be to high, so you wont get to much content for your DVD.

you need to set that specific data-rate for video-transcoding and then your disc should fit with the media.

therefore select your project-tab and right-klick on each asset to change the DVD-Transcoding-Setting to the necessary bitrate.

so finally you should get a working DVD.

Note: if you are using WAV-audio for you BD, you might change your audio to dolby AC-3 to reduce the necessary space for audio on the disc.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Brent Dunn
on Jun 7, 2011 at 5:00:45 pm

Danny:

Thanks for responding. I understand how to set up for bluray or dvd. The problem is when I try to "SAVE AS" it just locks up and I can't do anything else. I have to force quit.

I am on a Mac with CS4. I have CS5 on my PC, but I edit on the Mac in Final Cut.

I just set up and made a bluray image first. Then I had to delete items in the menu and rebuild a DVD menu before making a DVD image. Unfortunately, if I need to go back and tweak anything in BluRay, I would have to rebuild those added menus and timelines that were previously deleted.

Brent Dunn
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
with Final Cut Studio

HP i7 Quad laptop