FORUMS: list search recent posts

buttons wont highlight in looped tittle screen

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Senase
buttons wont highlight in looped tittle screen
on May 24, 2011 at 9:55:34 pm

i will try to make this as simple as possible.... my dvd starts out with the "main menu animation" then when this is done, it is linked to the "tittle menu" the tittle menu is on a loop.... the video is a .avi and the buttons i have on there do not highlight in my dvd player to know which button i am scrolled over..... however i have a scene selection menu that is an imported .psd file and there is no animation, just the background picture. the buttons do in fact highlight on this screen and i can scroll with my dvd remote arrows.

why wont my tittle menu buttons do this?

Return to posts index

Brent Dunn
Re: buttons wont highlight in looped tittle screen
on Jun 7, 2011 at 5:09:08 pm

Adam:

I had this same issue and spent a year trying to find answers. Nobody, including Adobe were any help, until I asked a local the same question.

If you move any titles, or relocate them in the menu, you have to go to your layers and highlight everything in that menu item list before moving it around. Otherwise, you will move your title, but the highlight will be in the previous location, thus leaving you with no highlight.

EX: If you have a menu item titled "PLAY" You have submenu items for the highlights, underline, etc. Probably 4 layers in total. Open the folder for the "PLAY" button in the layers menu. Click on the first layer, hold shift, & click on the last layer for the PLAY menu button. Then select your move tool and move your PLAY menu item to the location of your choice.

Hope this helps.

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com
Video Marketing Toolbox.net

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro Tower, Quad Core,
with Final Cut Studio

HP i7 Quad laptop