FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stumped by Menu Buttons/Subpictures

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Brewer
Stumped by Menu Buttons/Subpictures
on Apr 27, 2011 at 5:53:46 pm

I know how to do this in DVD Studio Pro, but Encore has me stumped and belittled right now.

I have a Photoshop menu that has say, 6 text entries on it. I have an icon next to each text that I want to be the button. So, when the menu comes up, I want the button to ONLY appear on the selected item.

How do I do this in Encore? My button layers have the (=1) code, but I'm missing something very basic here..

It's a Blu-ray menu if that makes any difference.
Any help is much appreciated.

Chad Brewer
Senior Broadcast Videotape Operator
TeleVersions, LLC - Chicago

Return to posts index

Chad Brewer
Re: Stumped by Menu Buttons/Subpictures
on Apr 27, 2011 at 7:52:50 pm

Well, I have figured out as I've done before that this is easily achieved by the settings in the menu color palette - you have to select a color to key the button. Fine.

But, Encore can't treat that as just an image that is either on or off, instead of being keyed on? Thus it worked fine by turning the button into a black/white key, but I really wanted to use the true image...Not possible in Encore?

Chad Brewer

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Apr 27, 2011 at 9:30:15 pm

chad,
even DVDSP can only create 2bit RLE-button-overlays. if you have changing backgrounds/images this will be created as a fake. DVDSP will create a seperate menu, with the other picture(s) in background, it´s a so called layered menu.

very slow in navigation and you can´t create motion-menus with it, also no menu-sound is possible.

if you are creating buttons with encore they could only have the color that´s been set in the menu color palette.

by spec there a lot more possibilities with blu-ray, but encore is very limited to that.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Chad Brewer
on Apr 27, 2011 at 11:05:57 pm

[Daniel Ludwig] "if you are creating buttons with encore they could only have the color that´s been set in the menu color palette.
"

Thanks much for confirming that Danny.

Chad Brewer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]