Creating Chapters for Blu-Ray

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alec gitelman
Creating Chapters for Blu-Ray
on Apr 26, 2011 at 8:18:04 pm

Hi,

I have the following concern.

I need to create a Blu-Ray DVD with a Play All Button and Chapters. I created a long version, put chapter markers, and used Chapter Playlists to select individual chapters and link buttons to them.

However I found out that Blu-Ray Players do not support Chapter Playlists.

What's my best plan for attack? Export individual chapters and create a Playlist to play all? Will the playback be seamless? Are there any other options?

I'm using Adobe Encore CS5.

Return to posts index

Randal Liu
Re: Creating Chapters for Blu-Ray
on Apr 27, 2011 at 9:03:11 am

I don't know whether Encore supports chapter and playall playlist. Blu-ray spec has no such limitation. Both modes (a whole segment and multiple small segments) are OK. You need create n+1 playlists for them.Playback will be seamless if you set the connection condition value of 5 for multi-segment mode.

Randal Liu
The more we do, the less you do!
http://www.defsoft.com

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Apr 27, 2011 at 6:51:51 pm

alec,
the play all-feature is very simple, you just need to jump to the first chapter of your film, so the whole film will play seamlessly.

if you need to set different chapter-marker just create them and jump from your chapter-select-menu to these chapters.

each chapter wont need to have an end-action, so the rest of the film will be played seamlessly.

if you would like to have an end-action on each chapter that would need another way of programming.

what would you like to do?

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

alec gitelman
on Apr 27, 2011 at 8:03:17 pm

Danny,

I need to set up chapters to play individually and come back to the menu, with end-actions. I already set it up with Chapter Playlists and it worked in preview, it worked on a PC. But I found out it did not work on set-top Blu-Ray players.

So I think I'll have to export individual chapters and create a Playlist with all the chapters put together. I cannot put both individual chapters and full program on the disk, the full program runs over two hours long.

There is no third way, right?

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Apr 27, 2011 at 10:05:59 pm

alec,
encore is a big mess.

BD-spec is a lot more powerful that DVD-spec.

if you are working on PC you might have a look at BDEdit (freeware). it´s possible to edit your BD after muxing so it could work the way you like to do.

but you need to know the BD-specs a bit more in detail (and programming of movieobject-code).

if you´re working on mac, rivergate software could be your choice. they are working on Blustreak Tracer, an application you could navigate through your muxed BD and edit the movieobject-command.

please look here for more options:

http://www.rivergatesoftware.com/blustreak-docs

you might send an email to rivergate software and talk to larry.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

alec gitelman
on Apr 28, 2011 at 12:11:33 pm

Danny, thanks.

That will be probably quite beyond the scope of my work right now, but I'll keep it in mind for the future.

Alec.

Return to posts index

Larry Applegate
on May 5, 2011 at 9:50:11 pm

Hi Alec,

We are in the process of releasing a new Macintosh application designed to work with Encore to add additional functionality.

http://www.rivergatesoftware.com/

The new features include true emulated playback with command execution tracing, and command editing to add scriptability, We are also working on templates that will demonstrate the best features of multi-page Encore menus.

We believe BluStreak Tracer PM, the level without the ability to create a replication master, can serve as a low-cost add on which will take advantage of the strengths of Encore integration with Photoshop menu creation and easy encoding.

Regards,

Larry Applegate
http://blustreak.dvdafteredit.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]