FORUMS: list search recent posts

Authoring Blu-Ray with subtitles gives error on build

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Spano
Authoring Blu-Ray with subtitles gives error on build
on Apr 22, 2011 at 8:56:20 pm

I have a 90 minute feature that I'm trying to author as a Blu-Ray in Encore CS5 (Mac OS 10.5.8). I have encoded my elements separately and have imported them successfully (one .264 and one .ac3). I have created my subtitle track, which has 1639 subtitles over the course of the 90 minute film. I found something in the documentation that said that subtitles for Blu-Ray projects must be spaced at least 5 frames apart, which I have done. The subtitles are using the default subtitle font (Myriad Pro) at a size of 32, center justified, just inside title-safe for 16x9. I can play through all of it perfectly with the simulator. My disc name is ROSE. Now when I go to build my disc image, I first click "Check Project". This passes and I receive no errors. Then I click "Build", and it spends a lot of time importingmy source files and also some black and silence files for step 1. Then step 2, the 'building streams' goes and gets to 13.79GB out of 19.49GB and fails. I get an error: "Fatal Error - Code 6 - Graphics Buffer Underflow". Keep in mind I am not burning a disc, just writing a disc image (to a drive that has terabytes free space). I have tried finding what is causing this error and am unsuccessful. I know however that it is something to do with the subtitle track, because I removed the subtitle track and the build was fine. There is nothing in the subtitle track that is problematic that I can see. I can even export the subtitles to a text file and I parsed it without finding anything out of the ordinary. I have tried removing the contents of the AuthorScriptHDMVSessions folder and building again, and again it fails in the exact same spot. I have tried writing the disc image to different drives and different folders - all times failed exactly the same way. There is nothing in the documentation, or on this site, about a 'graphics buffer underflow' error, what it means, or how to get around it. So I'm stumped.

Return to posts index

Randal Liu
Re: Authoring Blu-Ray with subtitles gives error on build
on Apr 26, 2011 at 8:22:04 am

The message shows that the subtitle file has problems, such as very small duration (<5 frames), time conflict between lines.

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
on Apr 26, 2011 at 2:41:26 pm

Good suggestion, but Encore will definitely tell you that's the case if it is (in the Check Project task). I took the advice of an Adobe forum member and re-encoded my feature to be under 15Mbps - well under the Blu-Ray maximum, since that person said that the error I was getting was a too high bit rate error. This time when I went to build, I got this message: Blu-Ray error: "Access denied", Code: "12", Note: "path=/tmp/Sonic6.tmp". I checked my system at that path and there was no file named Sonic6.tmp on the system. I deleted the other temp files there and tried again and it failed again with the same error. I then checked the permissions for that folder and it was set to System - read/write, but everyone else had read only. I changed the permissions to have the Administrator group (of which my account is a member) to read/write. The next build was successful. Hopefully it sticks...

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Apr 27, 2011 at 8:58:15 am

marc,
I´m sure this wont be a problem with bitrates. If you need to go below 15MBit that´s a very low quality level.

if adobe haven´t failed to programm encore much more solid proofed there wouldn´t be so much (error-code-) problems with it.

and finally you can have subtitle-files to be closer than 5sec. within BD-spec. larry applegate allready described in another thread how this will be done within the professional authoring-apps, but the implementation of BD-subtitles within encore is poor as well.

encore could only create 2-bit-styled subtitles (according to DVD-spec), but blu-ray could have 8bit+alpha, there are a lot more possibilities.

if you feel like better getting on a new train, you might try DVD Logic EasyBD.

http://www.dvd-logic.com/easybd/

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Larry Applegate
on May 17, 2011 at 10:00:03 pm

CS5.5 (Encore 5.1) claims to have fixed this problem in their release notes. I haven't tested it.

Regards,

Larry Applegate
http://blustreak.dvdafteredit.com/

Return to posts index

Jonah Guelzo
on Sep 23, 2011 at 3:35:34 pm

Adobe hasn't fixed anything in my opinion... As per my effort, Adobe is actually getting engineers to fix a number of issues that have been long overdue for being solved.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]