FORUMS: list search recent posts

ENCORE Saving and Applying Button Properties

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Hutt
ENCORE Saving and Applying Button Properties
on Mar 28, 2011 at 4:07:46 pm

Hi
In Encore, I have imported as Assets, pictures that I use as Buttons for Chapters on my DVD. I have to re-size each one and add a shadow each time I do this. Is there a way that I can save the properties of buttons that i have created and apply them to new buttons as I make new DVD menus from my template master or am I forever subjected to manually adjusting them each week?
Thanks
Ricahrd

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: ENCORE Saving and Applying Button Properties
on Mar 28, 2011 at 5:37:21 pm

Make sure both the Library panel and the Menu Viewer are open and accessible. Drag your button from the menu to the Library. En will ask you to name the new Library asset. Once you name it, it will always be available in the Library for future use.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Richard Hutt
on Mar 28, 2011 at 7:57:29 pm

Jeff
Thanks for the idea, but before I try this, let me further explain myself. Each week i will have a new DVD to make with 3 new segments. Each week i will have to create 3 new pictures of guests from the show and use them in the Menu. Is there a way that I can save just the attributes from the previous week and apply them to the new pics so they all resize the same. (Much like CTRL C -copy and CTRL V paste when working in graphic editing.) I am tryingt o not have to manually resize each picture when i bring it into Encore.

I hope this explains it better
and thanks for your help so far
Richard hutt
City of Chesapeake VA
Public Communications dept.

Return to posts index

John Rich
on Mar 29, 2011 at 11:46:43 pm

This might be a good application of "Replacement Layers".
You could make the menu with several replacement layers and then each week import the menu and your new stills and drag the stills into replacement layers.

John Rich

JOHNR

Return to posts index

Richard Hutt
on Mar 30, 2011 at 12:04:00 pm

Cool I will see how this works thanks for the tip.
Richard

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]