FORUMS: list search recent posts

studdering playback in final build

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Lounsberry
studdering playback in final build
on Mar 25, 2011 at 7:40:53 pm

I just upgraded to CS5 and I'm a little perplexed with how Encore works. Let me start by saying that the bulk of my work in in After Effects and I have typically only used Encore as the last step in the Premiere DVD burning process. I used to take my final uncompressed file, import it into premiere and say "send to Encore", set my settings, and call it a day. However in CS5 things seem to be a bit different.

So - I have a 720p source - square pixels, 16x9 (1280x720). The scene is completely CG and is a basic turntable animation of a proposed site. The file itself looks good . . . but the client wants a DVD now. I'm just not sure where to start. When I set up the project in Encore, I select wide aspect (16x9). When I import the asset, it comes it at the right resolution and with square pixels. But when I drop the asset into the timeline, I get bars on the left and right side of the screen. Then, when I actually burn the DVD, the quality is really poor (like really aggressive de-interlacing) and the playback in parts seems to studder. I tried it in a few different DVD players and the effect is the same. I also went back and previewed the disk in Encore and got the same studdering results.

Any thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]