FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mouse Over Animation

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Hutt
Mouse Over Animation
on Mar 25, 2011 at 7:29:08 pm

I am new to authoring DVDs (im doing my first now with Encore) The only issue I am having, and it is not a technical one, is that in the PREVIW mode when i put my mouse over a button, the button turns white. I have imported several PSD files and turned them into buttons and linked to appropriate video, the pics look good, and would look better if they didnt turn white. Anybody got a clue as to why this is happening. I appreciate it. And I have looked through the tutorials but have struck out
Richard Hutt

Return to posts index

John Rich
Re: Mouse Over Animation
on Mar 28, 2011 at 9:56:17 pm

Richard,

When I first started posting on these forums, I didn't include computer specs, Encore version,etc, and the guy who answered gave me a little static.
Anyway, it appears to me, that somehow you have created a sub-picture highlight which is white in the "selected" state, so when you mouse over it, you turn on the selection subpicture hlt.
It would be interesting to see if the same thing happens when you use the "button pad", of the Preview to see if the same thing happens.

It would be helpful to know what the name of the subpicture highlight layer in Photoshop or Encore is ie is it (=1) HLT or something like that.
If the subpicture HLT is the problem, then you have to work that out.
How about posting back about the subpicture and maybe we can fix it
John Rich

JOHNR

Return to posts index

Richard Hutt
on Mar 29, 2011 at 3:15:03 pm

Hey John
Thanks for the reply.
Ok first off we are using Encore CS5 on a Intel Xeon E5520 @ 2.27GHZ
64 bit op system Is that what you are looking for

Second...you mentioned the "It would be interesting to see if the same thing happens when you use the "button pad", of the Preview to see if the same thing happens." I am not sure where the "button pad in preview" is, can you direct me to that?

I have uploaded a screenshot (i think)of the project in Encore because i am not sure of what the Subpicture HTL is. I have never uploaded an image to Cow before and am not sure if I am doing it correctly.

Let me know if you can help, I do appreciate it.
Richard
bbscreenshotdvdmenu.jpg [x]

Return to posts index

John Rich
on Mar 29, 2011 at 11:46:54 pm

When you bring up the Preview Window, down at the bottom are several controls including in the middle, "the pad" which has four arrows surrounding a button. The arrows are what moves the selection of the menu.

I don't know how to work the upload of a picture either, but I don't think it came up.

The subpicture highlight is crucial to a button. Do me a favor and check out these screen captures to see if they help.
http://vimeo.com/album/214460
Also, I'd get this book which even though it is for an older version of Encore, applies pretty much to your version.
http://store.creativecow.net/a/the-focal-easy-guide-to-adobe/0240520041/.
John

JOHNR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]