FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio seems to be soft after burning to Blu-Ray???

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Koch
Audio seems to be soft after burning to Blu-Ray???
on Mar 25, 2011 at 5:41:40 pm

I have recently started to burn Blu-Ray discs with Adobe Encore CS4 and the audio on the end product seems to be slightly low. My work flow is as follows. The project is edited in FCP 7 and then sent to Compressor. The settings I am using in Compressor are MPEG-2 Elementary Stream and Dolby Digital Professional(Auto). In the Inspector I will change the Target system under the audio tab(within the Dolby Digital) to Generic AC-3. I then just leave the Audio Coding Mode, Sample Rate, Data Rate and Bit Stream Mode at the default settings. There is also a Dialog Normalization, right below the Bit Stream mode, which is set to -27dBFS but it doesn't seem like you can actually change this. I feel like I need to tweak something in Compressor before I export in order to compensate for the low audio, but I'm not sure what. Do I need to just boost my audio within the actual FCP project?? The audio isn't extremely low once the project is burned to the Blu-Ray, but it is slightly noticeable. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!
DK

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Audio seems to be soft after burning to Blu-Ray???
on Apr 1, 2011 at 7:38:05 am

hey dave,
you need to set your dialouge-normalisation to -31dBFs, as -27dBFs is the typical normalisation for films from cinema. you also need to set the compression to none in the preprocessing-tab.

then your AC-3-audio will have the same level as your input-file.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Dave Koch
Re: Audio seems to be soft after burning to Blu-Ray???
on Apr 5, 2011 at 5:12:07 pm

Danny,
Thank you very much for getting back to me, it is very much appreciated!!! One more quick question, under the pre-processing tab will there be a big difference if the low-pass filter and DC filter are checked or unchecked. Once again, I sincerely appreciate you getting back to me. Thanks!!!
DK

DK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]