FORUMS: list search recent posts

Convert form HD to SD

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ewan Horlock
Convert form HD to SD
on Mar 22, 2011 at 9:50:27 am

Hi there,

I have short sequence in Premiere Pro CS5 (1920x1080 square pixels 25fps)...the video is approx. 5-6mins.

I need to export to DVD (720x576 Pal).

Are there any specific steps I need to take or can I simply export the sequence to Encore from Premiere and select normal DVD preset.

Or will this take a while to encode?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Convert form HD to SD
on Mar 22, 2011 at 11:21:14 am

In CS5, it's as simple as exporting to MPEG2 DVD. Do make sure to check the "Use Maximum Render Quality" option in the Export Settings dialog.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Ewan Horlock
on Mar 22, 2011 at 11:30:20 am

Hi Jeff

Thanks so much for your reply

So instead of just "send to encore" inside premiere and transcode in Encore ...it's better to encode (using AME) to MPEG2 DVD and then just start a new Encore project and import into Encore and burn...correct?

Also I am having troubles with small black pillar bars ...however I gather that this is normal when down scaling from 1920x1080 square pixels to 720x576 Pal widescreen pixels? My only options are I can either crop or leave as they are.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Mar 22, 2011 at 12:38:17 pm

You can use Send to Encore *if* you set Use Maximum Render Quality for the Transcode Setting that you're using.

Like so:

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Ewan Horlock
on Mar 22, 2011 at 1:02:14 pm

right ok ... I understand now.

thank you for your help :)

My only other problem is down converting from the 1920x1080p square pixel comp in PPro to 720x576 widescreen Pal. Obviously it adds pillar bars either side.

I have burnt a sample DVD and when I play it on my TV + DVD player these dissapear and it seems to crop automatically ....however it crops it a bit to much and cuts off some of the lettering at the side of my video.

Maybe it would be best if I crop myself in the media export box (whilst transcoding inside Encore using the steps you just showed me) ?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Mar 22, 2011 at 1:13:35 pm

What you're seeing on your TV is called Overscan and all consumer televisions have it to some degree.

The key is to keep your text within the Title Safe Area.

The pillarboxing is normal for CS4 and CS5 because of Adobe's switch from the Production Aperture to the Clean Aperture.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Eric Dietrick
on Apr 2, 2011 at 10:20:57 pm

THANK YOU JEFF!!! i have been looking for a simple explanation on these settings and i have yet to find a straight answer! you have done not only that but gave pictured instructions. i literally created an account to say thanks!

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Apr 3, 2011 at 3:06:46 am

You're welcome. :-)

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Ewan Horlock
on Apr 3, 2011 at 10:02:59 am

ah ok ... so there not much you can do about it then.

just simply keep your text within the title safe zone and everything else within the action safe zone.

I thought they were there for a reason! :P

cheers Jeff

thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]