FORUMS: list search recent posts

No DTS in Encore CS5???

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fotis Dimitriou
No DTS in Encore CS5???
on Mar 20, 2011 at 1:22:19 am

I am trying to create a simple BluRay disc and the audio is in DTS. When trying to biuld the disc I get an error that the Encore cannot use the file audio1.dts This file is not legal for BluRay!!

Funny thing, when I create DVD using the same assets from the same project the audio is accepted fine and DVD created successfully.

Do you have any idea what is happening here?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: No DTS in Encore CS5???
on Mar 20, 2011 at 7:56:31 am

Probably because the DTS file is not legal for Blu Ray. :) DVD and Blu Ray are 2 different beasts and audio need to be encoded with a BD compliant DTS encoder

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/557770?tstart=0

Return to posts index

Fotis Dimitriou
Re: No DTS in Encore CS5???
on Mar 21, 2011 at 1:31:57 am

I posted the same question in Adobe forums and waiting for reply from them also, but so far here are my results

I am using the old Surcode DTS encoder. .cpt and .dts files are fine for the dvd build but for BluRay I get message that audio is not valid.

I asked my friend overseas to send me some sample of his DTS Master Audio Suite encodes.

1) .cpt files using as DTS MAS for DVD DTS digital surround are working ok for dvd builds, for BluRay Encore CS5 just crashes when trying to build

2) .dtshd files using DTS MAS as Bluray disc DTS digital surround (not High resolution or master audio) are not accepted at all in Encore getting an info message that it is not supported in this version. Tried renaming thos .dtshd files to .cpt or .dts but I get codec error in Encore.

Return to posts index

Fotis Dimitriou
Has anyone ever built a BluRay project with DTS?
on Mar 22, 2011 at 6:31:38 pm

I still haven't found anyone who has managed to build a BD project with DTS.

If there is someone, please tell us here.

Return to posts index

Ruben Salazar
Re: Has anyone ever built a BluRay project with DTS?
on Sep 6, 2013 at 7:07:51 am

Although this was an old post, i was searching the same topic... now... in 2013...

Trying to make a DVD, previously, 768kbps encoded 5.1 DTS resulted in a stereo dolby digital audio... I had to re-encode in 1536kbps for keeping DTS in DVD...

I made a BD with DTS after encoding in 768kbps, using DTS-DVD, because 1536kbps gets the error in Encore that "it's not legal".

The BD was checked with a external player and works fine, and it's recognized as DTS. (Works also with Media Theater soft, that recognize the DTS).

In both cases audio MUST be a single reel. So...

- ENCORE DVD DTS 5.1 >> 1536kbps encoding >> one audio reel
- ENCORE BLURAY DTS 5.1 >> 768kbps encoding >> one audio reel

Sorry for my english!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]