FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore Sub-thingy/highlights

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laura Weinstein
Encore Sub-thingy/highlights
on Mar 2, 2011 at 9:02:42 pm

Hi, so i'm new to Encore and don't really even know how to word my question!!! Here's my attempt:

I've created button highlights (or I don't know if you call them sub something) but anyway when I activate them they all work properly except two. The word "Reception" for example will turn the appropriate color but behind it there appears to be another layer of some sort with the same text (like a shadow) even though I have not applied a shadow, and then on a totally random spot on the screen a duplicate of that text layer. I've checked the layers and everything seems up to par and is identical to everything else. I can't seem to google this question because I barely know how to ask it! Can anyone make sense of this?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Encore Sub-thingy/highlights
on Mar 4, 2011 at 5:34:33 pm

If I understand you correctly, I am experiencing the same thing. PSD Menus look flawless and when checking preview highlights in Encore they are matching perfectly. I am thinking 2 issues at the moment. 1) Font type or 2) they are motion menus and something is happening after they are rendered.

I am authoring SD, 16x9 DVD. My sources are QT .mov from AE at 1280x720p 29.97 and menus in PS are 1280x720. All video is transcoded 6.5mbps, WS, Progressive - this includes the motion menu video.

Any ideas at this point would be very helpful as my deadline is today.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Laura Weinstein
on Mar 4, 2011 at 8:46:04 pm

Hi, you might want to post this somewhere else too because I think you know way more about encore then I do.. so I have no idea how to solve your problem! Deadline today... that sucks I know what thats like. I was lucky to be able to push my deadline till Monday. Today I need to go buy a blu ray player because on Mac blu ray burners don't play blu rays.... fancy that! So I can't even check if it works!

Good luck!

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Mar 4, 2011 at 9:39:00 pm

I had no idea about that on MAC burners! I solved my problem by just not highlighting the text - I used a pointer to the side as well as a hollow box around the text that appears when selected, then changes color when activated. thanks for your input!

Ricky

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Mar 5, 2011 at 5:35:00 am

laura,
could you upload your menu-PSD to any FTP, so we could have a look at it!?

as I´ve seen the rest of the thread, I´ve seen you are talking about creating a blu-ray, right?

is it 1080 or 720!?

a general advice: NEVER use typo-highlights with DVD, and it wont look good for BD within encore as well.

if you author a BD you allways need to have a stand-alone BD-play by side to check your project.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]