FORUMS: list search recent posts

Popup buttons not transparent

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Drilling
Popup buttons not transparent
on Mar 1, 2011 at 11:41:12 pm

I'm using the popup menu feature on a Bluray disc project. I"m burning standard definition video (720 x 480) to this bluray project. I'm using bluray so I can get more video on the disc than using DVD and also to use some of the features of bluray (like popup menus).

I've used popup menus on other projects, and it's worked fine. But my other projects were using HD video.

Here's my problem: When I view the popup menu in Encore, it all looks good. I'm using the button where a "daisy" shows up to the left when an item is selected. However, when I view the finished product on a bluray player, all the buttons on the popup menu show an outline of the "daisy" (not transparent). When I select an item the middle of the "daisy" shows up like it is supposed to - it's jus the outline of the daisy is not transparent for some reason. So basically the outline/cutout of the daisy is not transparent on the popup screen. The functionality all works fine - but it just looks really bad. All my other regular menus use the same button style and work fine - but for some reason the "subpicture" is not totally transparent on the popup menu.

I've tried using other methods for getting the popup button to look correctly, but the "unselected" buttons always look like crap - even selected sometimes they look bad.

Can anyone provide any guidance as to what I'm doing wrong? I really just want some kind of button I can use on my popup screens that will work with standard definiton video (not sure if that's the problem or not???

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]