FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Encoder - No Compression = Weird Splotchy Picture

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerry Bayne
Media Encoder - No Compression = Weird Splotchy Picture
on Feb 28, 2011 at 6:36:19 pm

The final destination for my video is the web (YT).

So I have my files from a Canon Vixia HD camera in .MTS format. The picture size is 1920X1080. What I'd like to do is SIMPLY convert them to quicktime so the editor I hired can deal with them.

I load a file in Media Encoder (CS4 & 5-tried both) and have weird issues.

1. If I choose any of the NTSC default settings, it automatically wants to make the output be 720X480. Weird. It grays out the ability to change that even though my source video is 1920X1080.

2. If I choose "None" on the compression codecs, the out put is splotchy with a sort of rainbow splotch over the picture. Very bizarre.

So, is the footage still useable for editing, etc. if I use H.264 or will I lose so much info that the pictures will be awful.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Media Encoder - No Compression = Weird Splotchy Picture
on Mar 1, 2011 at 2:50:09 pm

hi gerry,
if you are on mac you need to select format: quicktime, then click on preset>edit export settings, and then there will be a new window where you can select your size, codec, and all the other stuff you need.

if these files are comming from an AVCHD-cam your field-dominance is upper first, but I wonder a little bit: what kind of software will your editor use?

premiere of FCP or maybe AVID?

premiere could import mts-files nativly, FCP could import them using the log-and-tranfer-window (if there is the entire AVCHD-tree). the only edit-suite I don´t know how it would work is avid, but I´m sure there is an option, too.

so why do you want to do this job with adobe media encoder?

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]