FORUMS: list search recent posts

Startup Disk space, PhotoshopServer

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ivan Rhudick
Startup Disk space, PhotoshopServer
on Feb 11, 2011 at 6:36:32 pm

I'm running CS4 on Mac OS 5.8. I have an hour and twenty minute sequence that I've sent from Premiere to Encore in order to create a DVD. I've created the menu, set up the button links, end actions, etc. The project and the media are all on an external drive that has more than 80 gigs of available space.

But when I try to encode the sequence in Encore (NTSC DV High Quality 7Mb VBR 2 Pass), my startup disk fills up. I've cleared off as much space as I can, and at one point had almost 12 gigs free. But I've noticed that every time I launch Encore, I seem to lose about 2-3 gigs of space on my startup disk.

What's happening to the space on my startup disk, and is there a way I can re-assign that process (whatever it is) to an external drive? I have lots of space there.

Also, when I look at my Mac Activity Monitor, I keep seeing PhotoshopServer not responding. From other posts, I see that this is a file that allows Premiere to play Photoshop files. Is the fact that it keeps locking up affecting me or my project? Is there some way I can get it to stop locking up?

Please help! I'm supposed to deliver this DVD on Monday.

Ivan Rhudick
San Francisco

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]