FORUMS: list search recent posts

Error building BD-R ISO in Encore CS 5

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Marlow
Error building BD-R ISO in Encore CS 5
on Feb 10, 2011 at 12:58:37 am

Hi,

I've tried to build my disc into a Blu-Ray ISO file to then burn, however I'm running into an issue with that.

When I build the disc it goes through the process of importing the m4v file. Upon completion I get an error message saying the following:

Blu-ray Object: "Sept-Nov_2008", Error: "invalid format", Code: "14",
Note: "ERROR: This stream doesn't include Picture timing SEI, Unit Offset = 785835706"

I've tried it twice with two different projects and had the same problem. Has anyone run into this before?

P.S. I have successfully produced ISO files from Encore CS5 in the past. Not sure what has changed here.

Best,

JD

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Error building BD-R ISO in Encore CS 5
on Feb 10, 2011 at 6:40:57 pm

hey jo,
how did you encode your film? as encore says wrong format, it would be intersting how you did your encoding.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Jonathan Marlow
on Feb 10, 2011 at 6:52:20 pm

It's strange as this has never come up before. I always use the Adobe Media Encoder CS5. I'm going from 1080i ProRes 422 QuickTime to H.264 Blu-Ray @ 25mbps, VBR 2-pass with PCM 48khz 16-bit audio. Profile is High at level 4.1 with maximum render quality.

I've used this as my transcoding template for H.264 BluRay before without any issues, especially with 1080i.

Return to posts index

Volodymyr Kashuba
on Feb 12, 2011 at 6:20:27 pm

I have this same error today. Error: "invalid format", Code: "14",
Note: "ERROR: This stream doesn't include Picture timing SEI, Unit Offset = 2088324569"
My workflow - Adobe Premiere CS5 timeline over Dinamic Link to Encore. Did that hundred times before, never have any problem or errors. Any idea.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Jonathan Marlow
on Feb 12, 2011 at 6:54:54 pm

I figured out the problem just this morning. I've been creating a 1080i 29.97 interlaced BD-R. The field order of my original ProRes 422 media coming out of Final Cut Pro is UPPER (odd). When I create a custom preset in Adobe Media Encoder, for whatever reason it decides that my media has a LOWER (even) field order. It takes this across for the transcode -- there isn't anything I can seem to do about it.

So I end up with transcoded media that is an incorrect field order with respect to the project and the original media. That is causing the Code 14 error in this case. When I default to AUTOMATIC transcode setting (using the project settings to transcode my media) it transcodes correctly using an UPPER (odd) field order. This is correct and has allowed me to successfully build my ISO file.

I've had other issues with Encore including the fact that I cannot seem to transcode in AME and bring it into Encore without it wanting to re-transcode. So now I've defaulted to using Encore to take care of the transcoding (via AME, but within the Encore software). It's working so far -- have yet to test my BD-r though.

Return to posts index

Volodymyr Kashuba
on Feb 12, 2011 at 10:26:17 pm

Thank You Jonathan for quick answer.
Your suggestion is not helping me. I have set up everywhere UPPER field, In Premiere and Encore. Like I stated in my privius post I did the same 100 times before, and I don't know what hapening now. I will try agen, and if it not gonna work, I will export H.264 Blu-ray file from Premiere and go thet way.
Thank You.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]