FORUMS: list search recent posts

Save and Build's Save locks Encore with external

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean David
Save and Build's Save locks Encore with external
on Feb 3, 2011 at 12:58:37 pm

This could be an Encore issue or a CS5 issue or perhaps a hardware issue, but it doesn't make sense and I would really appreciate insights.

I have a simple project on an external drive via USB2 on a 7200rpm 1TB disk, single timeline, one menu, one mpeg2 plus ac3 file set.

When I save the file, it seems fine, but once I build and then either save or build again, then Encore locks at the beginning of the save at zero progress and only recovers if I unplug the external. It is an issue that I cannot recreate on e.g. the system hdd. However, it doesn't make sense that I cannot manage files on an external this way, it has always worked before.

I had a similar lock up issue with InDesign CS5 when both Encore and it were open at once, with InDesign saving on a network drive. Any ideas?

I have checked the file permissions on the external and the Encore files are all writable. Running on the machine in my signature.

Sean

Asus G73JH i7-720, 8GB RAM, Radeon HD5870 1GB, Win7 HP 64 bit, Adobe Production Premium CS5, Cinema4D Studio 11, and more...

Return to posts index

Larry Applegate
Re: Save and Build's Save locks Encore with external
on Feb 6, 2011 at 2:18:32 am

Just a guess, but USB is not as reliable on catching its errors as Firewire and Sata. I would try a different drive.

Regards,

Larry Applegate
http://blustreak.dvdafteredit.com/

Return to posts index

Sean David
Re: Save and Build's Save locks Encore with external
on Feb 10, 2011 at 9:10:17 pm

Thanks for the reply.

There are a couple of things I am going to try to figure it out. I had the software installed on the D: hard drive and have reinstalled it on the C drive. That should also solve the irritating message about there being a newer version of Adobe Media Encoder that pops up all the time when stuff isn't installed on C.

Then, if it still happens, I'll try another drive, and then another project. I really wish Encore was more solid though. It chokes on stuff too easily. Premiere works on my externals without a hitch over a range of projects small and large.

Sean

Asus G73JH i7-720, 8GB RAM, Radeon HD5870 1GB, Win7 HP 64 bit, Adobe Production Premium CS5, Cinema4D Studio 11, and more...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]