FORUMS: list search recent posts

Menu Button Not Returning to Right Menu

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon Katcher
Menu Button Not Returning to Right Menu
on Jan 22, 2011 at 9:11:42 pm

I am trying to get a Blu-Ray disc finished, and am running into yet another Encore bug, I think. I have 6 menus and 8 timelines as part of an Extras section. I am trying to make it so that when one of the timelines is being watched, and the user presses the menu button on the remote, it will return to the menu for that particular extra.

Unfortunately, no matter what I try, pressing the menu button on the Blu-Ray remote will always go back to the Main Menu. I have set the Menu action to go both to "Return to Last Menu", and manually linking to the right menu. It works fine in Encore's preview, but once the disc is burned, it no longer works. I have tried in two different players. I am using CS5, both Still and Motion Menus, and H264 timelines.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Brandon

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: Menu Button Not Returning to Right Menu
on Jan 23, 2011 at 7:39:28 pm

Did you by any chance not have those settings set properly the first time you built the project?

Sometimes Encore will set navigation commands "in stone" once the project is built the first time, and will not change them even after you go back into the project and modify the settings.

If this is the case, you could remove the problematic menu or timeline from the project, then re-import and link everything up. Or you could start the project over from scratch.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Brandon Katcher
on Jan 23, 2011 at 10:32:19 pm

Jon,
Thank you for the reply. I just tried making a short test blu-ray from scratch, and I'm still not able to get the Menu button to go to anything but the main menu. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only thing I'm changing is the "Menu Remote" section in the Timeline Properties. Nothing else needs to be changed, right? Even so, it's default is "Last Menu", so even if I didn't do anything to that field to start with, it still should have worked.

I think I have found the issue. It seems that Encore only listens to the "Title Button". I tried leaving the "Title Button" field in the Disc Properties to "Not Set" to see if that was the source of the conflict, but then the menu button on the remote doesn't even work. I'm have also set the "Title Button" to a different menu, and pressing the menu button always sends to whatever "Title Button" is set to.

I have tested this on two different players, making sure to hit the menu button and not the title menu button. Any ideas?

Thanks again,
Brandon

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Jan 24, 2011 at 12:30:04 am

It sounds like your "Menu" button on the remote is actually accessing the "Top Menu" button, and not the "Sub Menu" button that it should be.

What are the different buttons that your remote has for accessing the disc's menus. Do you see a "Title" button? "Top Menu" button? "Menu" button?

Jon Geddes

Return to posts index

Brandon Katcher
on Jan 24, 2011 at 4:22:26 pm

Thanks for the reply, and the help. I am using both a PS3 and a Samsung BD-P1500 to test. The Samsung has a "Disc Menu", a "Return" and a Popup Menu/Title Menu". The only button that ever works is the "Disc Menu Button". I guess it's possible that it could be the player. I'm going to try a firmware update on the Samsung to see if it fixes it.

I'm also going to attempt a Popup menu, which might make this whole issue more or less a non-issue.

Thanks,
Brandon

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Jan 24, 2011 at 4:44:58 pm

Are you able to test on a different brand player?

I've found Panasonic Blu-ray players work great with burned Blu-ray discs.

Jon Geddes

Return to posts index

Brandon Katcher
on Jan 24, 2011 at 6:28:50 pm

Looks like I have found the issue. I updated the firmware on the Samsung, and now the test disc is working right. Unfortunately, the original disc is still not working, which means it is going to take rebuilding the whole disc in order to get it to work. There goes another day wasted dealing with Encore's numerous bugs.

Thank you very much for your help solving this problem,
Brandon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]