FORUMS: list search recent posts

BluRay on DVD-MEdia?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Langdon
BluRay on DVD-MEdia?
on Jan 17, 2011 at 12:09:53 am

If I author a BluRay disk using Toast or Encore, is it possible to burn the disk image to a regular DVD, as long as the content fits (25 min)? Will this be readable on a desktop BluRay player?
I'v eheard rummors about such posibility.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: BluRay on DVD-MEdia?
on Jan 18, 2011 at 7:21:06 am

hi,
BDMV on DVD-R will be played as AVCHD, it will never be played as blu-ray, as there is a necessary information in the header of the disc-media.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Alan Langdon
on Jan 18, 2011 at 1:10:46 pm

Thanks for the reply. What does this mean, exactly? No menus? Lesser image quality? I have Toast with BlueRay Video encoding (plugin), shouldn't that generate an image file of a Blue Ray disk which I can record onto a DVD-R disk and play on a BlueRay player?

Cheers from Brazil!

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Jan 19, 2011 at 2:14:57 am

Hi again,
the answer is YES and NO.

YES, you can create a BD-image and burn it on a DVD-R, it will be recognised within a blu-ray player.

but NO, it wont be played as a real blu-ray disk, it will be recognised as AVCHD-disk, because the header of the disk have the wrong ID.
AVCHD-disks do not have menus, but you can select the m2ts-file to playback on a BD-player.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Arnold Falk
on Mar 9, 2011 at 5:49:13 pm

Dear Mr. Ludwig,
I suppose I'm an 'advance amateur' in this business of making Blu-ray DVDs of home movies and some HD downloads from YouTube. Here is what I have experienced and request your comments to confirm my hypothesis that whereas some Blu-ray playback devices will flawlessly playback Blu-ray projects burned on DVD+R and DVD+R DL, some will not. The key is in the differences in the laser types and construction in the playback devices. Here is a fact: My Toshiba BDX2000KU player will play back any and all BD burns made from my HP e9210t high end desktop using DVD+R and DVD+R DL media. This is true 99% of the time with my Sharp BD-HP24U(A) player. There appears to be a sensitivity to certain HD file types from where the BD image was made. In any case, here in our house, we play alot of BD videos cut on DVD+R and DVD+R DL media. And, our daughter's Philips BD player will also play anything.
Now when I send copies of these videos to some people, I notice that those with Sony Blu-ray playback devices experience problems. Do they perhaps demand that only official Blu-ray disks be used? And, I notice that some DVD+R disks I send out (with BD images, prepared using Roxio Creator Pro, work fine when replaced with exactly the same disk but produced on Photodex's ProShow Producer...and vice versa!
The logical corollary to my hypothesis is that the industry is still struggling with standards and laser combinations.
What do you think about the above?
Thanks,
AC Falk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]