FORUMS: list search recent posts

Saving in CS5

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Hopkins
Saving in CS5
on Jan 13, 2011 at 8:33:37 pm

Hello, when I save a project in Encore CS5 and it starts going through the list of things it is saving, it is saving untranscoded files that aren't in this particular project. They are part of the series of discs I'm authoring, but I don't see how they are related to this particular disc. Is it using these files because they might be in the same folder as files in my current project or are they in my project somehow that I can't see. It's really confusing to me and I just started using Encore. I understand that transcoding is lengthy but why does saving and opening take so long? I thought they should just be link to the files, its like they are writing something. It takes maybe 10 minutes to save a project the first time or to open a project. Is this normal? AARG. I'm so frustrated.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Saving in CS5
on Jan 14, 2011 at 3:24:50 am

Hi Adam,
encore is creating some meta-datas on your assets while you are importing it, so there might be a delay while starting and saving bigger projects.

I´m working with CS5 mac and the import/save/open-time is quite ok, but as you are working with a BD-project the process could take a while.

as you´ve described that you´re working on a disk-set you maybe imported a lot files, and all of them will be loaded even if they are used or not.

so a good idea would be just to leave these files in your disc-project that will be really used. if something else would be needed you can import it again.

normally assets should be transcoded prior authoring, so it would be interested if you just simply import avi/mov-files (untranscoded), or if you´ve transcode it with adobe media encoder or something else.

finally all these processes depending on the speed of your computer as well - fast machine - faster process.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]