FORUMS: list search recent posts

blocked out of my own DVD

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh David
blocked out of my own DVD
on Jan 12, 2011 at 5:46:48 pm

Hi wondering if anyone can help. The basics of my issue is I created a DVD in Adobe Encore (CS4) and now I have gone back to make copy's of it but my burner keeps coming up with a fail message. So I believe that when burning my original I must have put on a copy protection, now my issue is that I have had my external hard drive with ALL my original files stolen.. but I need to make duplicates. So does anyone have ANY idea how I can bypass the DVD protection that encore puts on? I'm not very technical so please respond in lame man terms! Thanks~ Josh

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: blocked out of my own DVD
on Jan 13, 2011 at 3:18:46 am

hi josh,
you can´t create a DVD with encore CS4 that´ll have any copy-protection, so I´m quite sure it´ll be another issue.

if you are talking about a fail-message - how do you try to burn a new DVD in detail? especially if your original files have been stolen?

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Josh David
on Jan 13, 2011 at 2:56:55 pm

Thanks Danny,

In my version of CS4 it gives me the option to put copy protection on my DVD's if I go to to File: Build : Disk. And scroll down I may chose Regions and my choice of copy protections.?. So I believe that may have been what I did?

With my burning issue, I'm actually using a multi disk burner (not attached to my computer). So I put in my original/ hard copy DVD plus the blank DVDs I'm trying to burn and it runs normally until it is 60-80% complete then pops up the fail message. Unfortunately there are no more details accompanying the Fail message. just Fail. I have used this duplicator many times but never had this issue before.

I tried to run the DVD through my computer and it plays, it just wont let me burn it. I believe the message said something to the effect of there are no files to be burned.

Thanks again,
Josh

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Jan 13, 2011 at 6:15:06 pm

hey josh,
normally copy-protection could only be set on DDP-images that would go to replication.

if you´ve use copy-protection on a burned DVD, that wont work.

I haven´t burned a DVD using encore, as I am a mac-user and always use DVD Studio Pro for this (it´s got a lot more possibilities), I only use encore for BD-authoring.

so, it might be possible that you created a DVD with copy-protection on a DVD-R with encore. so that could be your main problem!

if copy-protection is selected, that will lead to a different sector-length!

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jan 17, 2011 at 7:49:11 pm

No such thing as copy protection on a home-burned disc, even though the authoring software may show the option, that is only valid when creating a digital file or DLT for a replication house, not your own burner.

The disc may not be up to spec (was not properly authored to begin with) or is scratched or something. Make sure there are no smudges, wipe gently with damp tissue if need be. If you can't simply copy the disc, try something like DVD Shrink to see if you can rip the contents to your hard drive, or use MPEG StreamClip to pull the original .m2v and .wav files from disc and re-author using those assets if you can.

Jeff Pulera

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]