FORUMS: list search recent posts

Deactivating buttons/highlights just before an motion menu loops

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Stubblefield
Deactivating buttons/highlights just before an motion menu loops
on Jan 8, 2011 at 12:13:31 am

So I'm building my menu, and as a background I have video and audio fading in, playing for about 30 seconds, then fading back out. This video also contains my "buttons". I have a PSD file imported also for the actual button highlights. I have this set to loop forever.

I've set my loop point to 2 seconds, making it so the button highlight only appears/becomes active once the fade in is done. Looks great. But here is my problem: I want the highlights to disappear/deactivate before the sequence fades out. It looks pretty stupid with this random shape on a black screen.

Is there any way to set the duration for how long a button can be active?

For reference, anyone who has the "LOST" DVD sets can pop a disc in to see what I mean.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Deactivating buttons/highlights just before an motion menu loops
on Jan 8, 2011 at 2:35:32 pm

hi scott,
that won be possible with encore - for this you need to goo deep into DVD-specs, but encore is a abstraction-layer-programm (and a very bad one).

you can´t even do scripting with it - that would be possible with DVD Studio.

so, I guess you need to live with it´s results or have a look at another authoring-tools like sonic DVD-creator.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Scott Stubblefield
on Jan 8, 2011 at 3:09:43 pm

I see. Hmmmm...

Do you have any idea how this could be done with DVDSP?

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Jan 8, 2011 at 7:49:46 pm

You could make a separate outro clip, and set it as the end action for the menu, but then you would have a small pause at the end of the main menu before it starts to fade out.

The outro sequence would just be the part of the menu that fades out, and could be applied as the background to a blank menu with no buttons. Doing it as a background to a menu instead of it's own timeline will cause it to be burned to the same part of the disc as the menu, reducing seek time and the pause that will occur.

It might just be best to not have any fade out, and have just the intro with the main menu, which then loops back to the loop point. This is how almost all commercial dvd's are setup.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Scott Stubblefield
on Jan 8, 2011 at 7:51:45 pm

OK, I'll just do that. Thanx guys.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Jan 9, 2011 at 1:26:25 pm

another option:

within DVDSP you could create a BOV (butto over video), so you can create an in and an out-effect on your button.

but you need to create 2 of them and you need to create a script to read out the player-configuration to jump to the right menu:

1.) 16:9-letterboxed
2.) 4:3 letterboxed

because dvd-spec have a bug to scale the button-overlays in the correct position if you use BOV, this wont happen if you´re using a menu within DVDSP.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]