FORUMS: list search recent posts

Seperating Dual Layers

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Francisco Velazquez
Seperating Dual Layers
on Jan 6, 2011 at 9:48:17 pm

Hi,

I have a question and hope it is something you guys can help with and I can accomplish. I published a Master DVD and am trying to get it replicated. It is a dual layer 8GB DVD and the replication company is requiring me to separate the layers on to two single layer DVDs.

One: I don't know how to do this.
Two: I don't know if this is even possible for me.
Three: Can't they replicate from a master regardless of whether it is a DL or SL?

I've contacted several diplicating and replicating companies and it seems to be the same. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Seperating Dual Layers
on Jan 7, 2011 at 1:53:33 pm

Hi Francisco,
you need to deliver a DDP-Image for (not only) DL-DVD-Replication. this could be done in two ways:

1. DLT-tape
for every layer of your disk a DLT-tape will be written, so the replicator could get every single layers information.

2. DDP-Image on DVD-R (DVD-5)
you need to create a DDP-image using appropiate software like DVD AfterEdit ME (Mac) or Gearmaster Pro (PC). It will create two folders (layer0 and layer1) with the entire information for the two DVD-layers.

if you create a DL-DVD your DVD need to have a valid layerbreak-position. DVD AfterEdit could show you the Nav-Pack, where a layerbreak could be possible if the disk haven´t got a valid layerbreak. I don´t know exactly how you can create it with gearmaster pro as I´m a mac-user, but I know it´s possible, too.

if you finally have created your DDP-image you need to burn the layer 0 and layer 1 folder on a DVD-R (4.7GB). the disk-format needs to be UDF (DVD-ROM) and you should do a backup-copies for the replication, too. this is for security-reason if they might have a problem to read out the data from the disk.

that mean you need to burn 2 x Layer 0, and 2 x Layer 1, and the disks needs be labeled properly.

so you´ll get a replicated DVD-DL.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]