FORUMS: list search recent posts

Error encoding!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Larkins
Error encoding!
on Jan 4, 2011 at 1:19:00 am

Encore CS5 and CS4 are suddenly telling me "Error Encoding!" when I try to spit the project out to dvd.

There is no other message given. Is it because I'm missing codecs? If so, where can I get them at?

I'm using footage I edited with Premiere CS5, but I had to use the Export>Media Encoder function as CS5 Premiere no longer has the Export>Encore like previous versions did (and when I use the Adobe dynamic link>to Encore, my audio won't play)

I've been experiencing some weird stuff going on with it - the audio will play in Encore CS4, but the chapter markers aren't brought it....

I found (somewhere) that says Encore CS5 won't work on AMD boards - anyone verify this?

I use Vista, 64 bit, and have a really strong system. Do have AMD board, but never had any problems before....

Thanks in advance for any help!
Cheers,
Eric

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: Error encoding!
on Jan 4, 2011 at 5:14:10 pm

What part of the project needs to be encoded if the main video has been pre-transcoded in Premiere? Are you using motion menus?

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Eric Larkins
on Jan 4, 2011 at 6:38:09 pm

I don't know what part of the project needs to be encoded and there are no menus. I'm just trying to kick out a very simple dvd - just chapter markers (I set end action back to timeline.)

I came out of CS5 media encoder, think I asked for H264 and it did its thing and gave me an mp4 file, which I then brought into Encore.

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Jan 4, 2011 at 6:43:36 pm

If you are making a DVD and not a Blu-ray, then you need to create an MPEG2 DVD file out of Media Encoder, not an mpeg4.

Even though it shouldn't give an error and just re-encode your mpeg4 file as an mpeg2, you will just be losing quality and asking for trouble with Encore. Give it a file that it doesn't need to change (mpeg2 dvd), and you should be good to go.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Eric Larkins
on Jan 4, 2011 at 7:02:27 pm

Got it, thanks! I wasn't sure how to get it out of Premiere into Encore. In the past I always used the simple Export to Encore and it did its thing. With CS5 Premiere, Export to Encore is gone, there's just the "Adobe Dynamic Link>send to Encore" command and when I used that my audio wouldn't work in Encore. At that point, I didn't know what else to try to get it into Encore, so I used the Media Encoder...

I thought by now, with CS5, they'd have gotten rid of the bugs for the audio not playing!

Thanks again for the help, any other comments are much appreciated.
Cheers,
Eric

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]