FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-Ray FCP to EncoreCS5

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon Katcher
Blu-Ray FCP to EncoreCS5
on Jan 2, 2011 at 7:42:38 pm

I am in the process of creating my first Blu-Ray from a 5-part internet-based series Filmed and Edited in 1080p24. I have a few clarifying questions to ask. I will be duplicating the discs myself (no replication). I have Final Cut 7 and EncoreCS5. I will be burning to TDK 25GB discs using a LC Burner.

•As far as I have read, 1080p24 is universal across the world, so I shouldn't have to worry about any problems reading, right? I will be sending discs to Europe, Australia, Asia and South America. I know that some older players may have problems (nothing I can do about that).

•Mpeg2 vs H264. Most of the tutorials I have found have used Mpeg2, but in reading, it seems that H264 is the better format. Are there any compatibility issues or otherwise I should know about using H264?

•I'm guessing it would be better to transcode the footage using compressor as opposed to letting Encore do the job from the ProRes Masters. Am I right here?

•I will be producing DVDs from the same material. Does Encore do a good job transcoding to DVD from the Blu-Ray original footage/menus/etc?

•Any good tutorials covering what I'm trying to do?

Thanks for any information,
Brandon

http://www.theunderdogsdoc.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]