FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore Timelines Chapter Playlist & Blue Ray bluray

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Varns
Encore Timelines Chapter Playlist & Blue Ray bluray
on Dec 28, 2010 at 12:10:24 pm

Hi.
Using Encore CS5 on Mac to Burn Blue Ray Disks for under water scenes.

I wish to use chapter index or something similar to allow user to go to specific video sections.
for instance, view moray eels or look at a wrecks. Each chapter approx 3-5 minutes usually.

I also wish the user to run the whole DVD as one long film approx 65 min's.

I find I need to create one timeline to show the whole video and another timeline to view the individual sections.

MY QUESTION.
Is it not possible to create just one timeline that has the chapters in it and allows the user to view either the whole dvd or just the individual chapters?.
I have been trying various options for months now, the only way I find it works is with 2 timelines. Is this correct or is there a better way?.

I have searched forums and posts everywhere for an answer and been unsuccessful, any help would be very much appreciated.
Robert.

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: Encore Timelines Chapter Playlist & Blue Ray bluray
on Dec 28, 2010 at 9:50:50 pm

Encore does not support chapter playlists for Blu-ray.

To achieve what you want, here is what you can do:

1) create a separate video for each segment (chapter)

2) import into Encore and place each video on a separate timeline (end action of each timeline should be set to return to the previous menu)

3) Link each chapter index button to it's corresponding timeline

4) Create a regular Playlist (not a chapter playlist) and drag each timeline into the playlist in the order you want them to play

5) Link the playlist to a play all button on the menu.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Robert Varns
on Dec 28, 2010 at 11:56:43 pm

hi jon.
really appreciate that.
very helpfull. i did wonder about doing it this way.
weird though that the chapters do partially work though, bad on adobe.
ps. love the pro motion kits.
having the urge to buy one.

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Dec 29, 2010 at 5:20:49 pm

Yes, Adobe hides a single line in the help files that says it doesn't work... however there is no indication in Encore that chapter playlists do not work with Blu-ray.

ps. I appreciate your compliments of our Pro Motion Menu Kits. If you have any questions, please send me an email. Contact info can be found on our website. Thank you.

Jon Geddes

Return to posts index

Chuck Diehl
on Apr 11, 2011 at 8:10:23 pm

Jon,
I have setup a bluray disk in encore cs5 with 4 videos, each imported as timeline, then a playlist with the 4 timelines in it and it still doesn't navigate correctly when burned. SD DVD version works perfect, so project is programmed correctly. The playlist is not a chapter playlist.

Any ideas on why not working?

Note, i also have each video as it's own playlist that end actions to itself to allow client to loop any of the 4 videos separately. The play all playlist also end actions to itself.

Thanks.
CSD

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Apr 12, 2011 at 4:21:54 pm

It sounds like you are trying to make your project overly complex, which might be causing the issues with the Blu-ray authoring.

No need to create a playlist for each video that loops back to itself.

Just set the end action of each timeline to link back to the beginning of that timeline.

You can then create a play-all playlist that contains all of the timelines. The playlist will automatically override the end action of each timeline so that they don't loop back after finishing a single one. Just set the end action of the playlist to the beginning of the playlist.

Let me know if that works for you.

Jon Geddes

Return to posts index

Chuck Diehl
on Apr 12, 2011 at 4:53:15 pm

Will get rid of the individual play list....I tried several different burns yesterday. One worked with just one menu page with the individual playlist and a play all button. When I tried with two menus, (Main menu with and without motion background) and (Video Library menu with 4 videos and play all) Any way having 2 menus could cause a problem??? Also tried changing button type to normal but still now luck.

Note that whatever video you select the first time, plays when any other button is pushed, even the play all. If you take disc out, power off player and reinsert, you can select a different video and it will then be played when any button is pushed.

Work around would be the simple menu with no motion background, but would like to have option for fancier menus like on your web page.

Thanks for your help,
CSD

Return to posts index

Chuck Diehl
on Apr 12, 2011 at 6:20:51 pm

Jon,
With 2 menus, disc opens to main menu and if I go to submenu and click on individual videos all is well. When I select the play all button it works, but when I go back to the submenu to select a video, it no longer goes to the right video. If you eject the disc and put back in the videos are right again....until you hit the play all.

I will try to put the playlists on a separate menu but after that, I'm out of ideas. Worst case is I'll make anew timeline for the playlist, doubling the size of the disc.

Thanks. CSD

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Apr 12, 2011 at 6:31:15 pm

I would file it as a bug with Adobe, as I have noticed similar problems when using playlists on Blu-ray projects with multiple menus.

I'm sure if you opened the Blu-ray image in BDedit, you would find incorrectly programmed navigation commands made by Encore.

Jon Geddes

Return to posts index

Chuck Diehl
on Apr 12, 2011 at 9:08:04 pm

To end this thread.....
Ended up making 3 menus, MAIN, INDIVIDUAL and PLAYLISTS. This works with motion backgrounds, but if I used a transition element, buttons would not link properly. Burned as BluRay Folder.

Hope this helps someone down the line.
CSD

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]