FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS5 encoding Issues

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos Angeli
CS5 encoding Issues
on Nov 26, 2010 at 7:56:46 pm

Hi there,

I´ve just installed a trial of CS5, including Premiere and Encore.

My work consists in creating static images with price lists in Photoshop, wich are then imported into Premiere. These lists, each one 720 x 576 size, are played consecutively in the timeline using transitions. They´re static images, so the only animations are the transitions.

The entire timeline is sent to Encore through Dynamic link where I author a DVD, then burn it and play it in a LCD TV.

These hole process ran quite smoothly in CS4 and the images looked fine. Not great but fine after the encoding. However, replicating the exact same process in CS5 is giving me a bit of a headache with the interlace field option. Either by choosing lower or upper field for the output, the images look scrambled.

The only way to avoid that is using progressive scan, but the quality si poor. This never happened to me in CS4.

Does anyone have any ideas on this issue? Thanks

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: CS5 encoding Issues
on Nov 29, 2010 at 5:40:12 am

Hi Carlos,
the main question would be the resolution of the pictures!

if you have high-res-pictures, they are much to sharp for an SD-DVD - they will flicker, so you need to blur them a bit and the second problem is that pictures are too saturated - pictures are RGB 0-255, but video (YUV) is only RGB 16-235.

so you need to reduce the saturation as well.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Carlos Angeli
Re: CS5 encoding Issues-SOLVED
on Nov 29, 2010 at 8:48:14 am

Hello Danny,

and thank you for your answer. I`ve just figured out what the problem was.

It turns out CS5 didn`t "like" my CS4 transitions. Replacing each transition by the exact same, but in CS5, fixed the scrambling issues.

This happened with the slide/push transition.

Thanks again for taking the time to read my thread.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]