FORUMS: list search recent posts

Project Window: "Blu Ray Transcode" Setting/Check Project Feature

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adam schreck
Project Window: "Blu Ray Transcode" Setting/Check Project Feature
on Nov 24, 2010 at 5:56:37 pm

There may be some newbie boners in my workflow/questions, please bear with me.

I'm authoring a blu-ray DVD for consumer use. I edited in Premiere and exported my blu-ray assets as "Blu Ray MPEG 2."

In Encore, everything previews and plays correctly. On the build, I used the "Check Project" function before burning my first disc and it appeared to burn cleanly. However, when a friend tested it on a blu-ray player (about a year old), the player didn't recognize it.

Looking back over my project, I noticed a "Blu-Ray Transcode" setting in the Project menu. On the first build, it was set to "Don't Transcode." I've since changed that to "Automatic based on project settings" (Blu-Ray, MPEG 2, 1920x1080, FPS 29.97; 30.0 Mbps).

My questions:
--Should that take care of the player issue?
--BoyGolly, I would think Encore would have thrown an error message during the burn, am I missing something with the software? (And, as I said, I am new to this workflow.)

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Project Window: "Blu Ray Transcode" Setting/Check Project Feature
on Nov 29, 2010 at 5:33:52 am

Hi Adam,
there could be several issues, why the disk wouldn´t be played within the player!

in general it should be played, but there is no transcoding-reason why it should NOT be played.

I would suspect the player itself or maybe a bad optical media, if it wont be played in other player as well.

please make sure, that you´ve got good media-typs like verbatim.

some older player couldn´t play BD-R media, in that reason you should test the disk with other players as well.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]