FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aspect ration of this file is not supported by DVD error at 1.6016s

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gretchen Martin
Aspect ration of this file is not supported by DVD error at 1.6016s
on Nov 18, 2010 at 8:07:04 pm

Hi. I am on major time crunch and authoring a DVD in Encore for the first time. I built my menus on a Mac in Photoshop CS. I chose the film/video option when creating the New Documents in PS and I changed the resolution from 72 dpi to 300 dpi.

My menus once imported into Encore CS5 on a PC work beautifully in the Preview. I checked my project and all is well...so it would seem.

I have 3 videos in the file. All videos were built on a PC in Premiere Pro CS5. All use the pixel asset ratio: SD NTSC Widescreen 1.2121. Each video is on their own timeline in Encore CS5. There does not seem to be any difference in the remaining two videos (thus far w/o error) from the one causing the error. The only difference I can think of is the length, as the timeline causing the error is an hour and a half long compared to 10 minutes and 1 minute respectively in the other two timelines.

When building the DVD I get error message:
PGC "TimelineNameofMyMAINVideo" has an error at 1.6016s. The aspect ratio of this file is not supported by DVD. -PGC Info: name = MainTimelineName, ref=Fpgc, time=1.6016s

I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you,
Gretchen

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Aspect ration of this file is not supported by DVD error at 1.6016s
on Nov 19, 2010 at 7:48:38 am

DVD is 720x480 - either 4x3 or 16x9 Anamorphic Whats the resolution of your stream?

Return to posts index

Gretchen Martin
on Nov 22, 2010 at 2:18:56 am

I'd like to tell you. I'm new at this. How do I figure out what the resolution of my stream is to answer your question? I thought it was 720 x 480 but how do I check it? I used the widescreen dv (48) option in Premiere to edit my videos and I built my menus using the film and video new document option in Photoshop.

Return to posts index

Gretchen Martin
on Nov 24, 2010 at 5:30:09 am

Well, I'm happy to say that after much searching on the net I've solved this. In the event someone else should have this problem, I am letting you know my solution. It turns out that the video asset in question had a space at the front of the timeline (likely at the time marker 1.6016s). I dragged file to the beginning of the timeline, eliminating the space, and the dvd was built!

I did find another interesting solution for others with encoding issues, which is to select the asset in question and choose File>Revert to Original. Then build the dvd and let Encore re-encode.

I hope someone else finds this info useful and doesn't have to troubleshoot for days like I did. Now I need to post another question re: forced letterboxing...please look for it if you've got answers!

Return to posts index

Walter Nowosad
on Dec 16, 2010 at 6:08:10 am

I got the same type of error in CS5; and, it's just as you wrote...I found a very tiny space at the beginning of the time line. Sliding the footage over resolved the problem. Perhaps Adobe should add a check for blank space option in their check project tool?

Thank you for doing the homework on this one. It saved me considerable time and is much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Syed Murs
on Aug 10, 2012 at 3:15:07 am

Hi,
what exactly did you do to resolve this issue as Im having the same problem. Further, how do you calculate the time at which the problem is occurring. my problem occurs at 11671.8000s and i dont know how to calculate the time. Please help.

Return to posts index

Gretchen Martin
on Aug 10, 2012 at 7:54:50 am

Hi. Scroll in your timeline until the top left number in the sequence pane reads 11671.8000 or just try typing that in where the number reads to bring your cursor to the point in your timeline where the error occurs. Once you get there, expand the timeline at the cursor by moving the little "mountain" bar in the lower left corner of the sequence timeline towards the large "mountain". This will expand your view so you can see where there might be an unnecessary "space" in your timeline. Delete the space and render. I hope that helps. See my previous comments for other ideas. Good luck.

Return to posts index

Syed Murs
on Aug 10, 2012 at 12:36:25 pm

scroll in Ppro or Encore?

Return to posts index

Gretchen Martin
on Aug 10, 2012 at 8:20:11 pm

Oh sorry...in Premiere Pro.

Return to posts index

Gretchen Martin
on Aug 10, 2012 at 8:23:24 pm

On second thought...try both. It may be in Encore. Just check for spaces in either.

Return to posts index

Syed Murs
on Aug 11, 2012 at 12:26:16 pm

OK so I tried to follow your advice but before I could do that the Encore file in concern wouldn't launch. It hangs up upon. Tried it several times even tried it after a reboot.

Had to re-create the entire thing again on Encore and then transcoded it from start.

When I went to press the Build button apparently I got a new problem where Encore wouldn't recognize my DVD burner. Spent more time looking on the net for solutions. (solution to this new problem is that just create an ISO DVD image and once that is done use a program like ImgBurn to transfer it on to DVD disc).

However, today when I woke up to check if the transcoding had finished I realized that now (somehow) I had the option of burning it directly on to the DVD disc and Encore was recognizing my DVD burner. Strange.

Nonetheless, I did try out your remedy for the initial problem just to double-check and it is in fact in the Encore timeline (not Ppro) you have to punch in the the erroneous time stamp (in my case 11671.8000s).

Return to posts index

Syed Murs
on Aug 11, 2012 at 12:26:35 pm

OK so I tried to follow your advice but before I could do that the Encore file in concern wouldn't launch. It hangs up upon. Tried it several times even tried it after a reboot.

Had to re-create the entire thing again on Encore and then transcoded it from start.

When I went to press the Build button apparently I got a new problem where Encore wouldn't recognize my DVD burner. Spent more time looking on the net for solutions. (solution to this new problem is that just create an ISO DVD image and once that is done use a program like ImgBurn to transfer it on to DVD disc).

However, today when I woke up to check if the transcoding had finished I realized that now (somehow) I had the option of burning it directly on to the DVD disc and Encore was recognizing my DVD burner. Strange.

Nonetheless, I did try out your remedy for the initial problem just to double-check and it is in fact in the Encore timeline you have to punch in the the erroneous time stamp (in my case 11671.8000s).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]