FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore CS5 crashes when opening project

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Pickering
Encore CS5 crashes when opening project
on Nov 13, 2010 at 10:30:48 pm

I'm having a serious problem with Encore CS5. I've spent the last few weeks working a few hours at a time on a project and up until a couple days ago, everything was working fine. Now, when I try to open any project, it gets to 20% or 21% and then the whole program freezes. If I wait a few minutes, I get anywhere from one to 10 or more errors popping up telling me that PPRoHeadless.exe has also crashed. I can create and save new projects and they re-open just fine - but I can't open the ones I need. If it helps, I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

So far, I've tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling Premiere/Encore, accessing it from a different user account, deleting the Encore folder in AppData, and nothing has worked. I've searched extensively and I can't find anyone who has had a similar problem.

Thanks for your time.

Return to posts index

John Pickering
Update: Encore CS5 crashes when opening project
on Nov 14, 2010 at 7:26:59 pm

So this morning I started the project over again. Got most of the way through it, saved, switched to Firefox to check my email, and Encore froze when I switched back. I closed it, tried to re-open the new project, and now it does the same thing. However, if I make a new empty or almost empty project and save it, I can re-open it. Getting really frustrated...

Return to posts index

jarrot stanford
Re: Update: Encore CS5 crashes when opening project
on Dec 13, 2010 at 5:08:38 am

I was getting the same errors as multiple people in different forums. But what i think is the problem Encore since the Encore 2 days has always had issues with huge projects and rendering with encore... what you can do is render every movie into proper m2v and m2a or ac3 for better compliance. that way encore render only menus which is less stress on the program... truth be told it hogs up the memory and if you computer does do well with memory dumps then the program times out.

Return to posts index

Franz de Jesús Fortuny Loret de Mola
Re: Encore CS5 crashes when opening project
on Jan 26, 2011 at 6:26:59 am

Is there a solution to this problem? The identical set is generating an identical problem. Instead of staying at 21% it is staying at 13%, but it NEVER dies. It is doing something. It is that same hobgoless application (or something like that) that start working and I can see that it is 1, then 2, then 3, it got as far as 5. But it stays like that forever.

I mean, I've seen exactly the same problem in a lot of places and forums.

I hope they will fix this problem soon.

Return to posts index

John Pickering
on Jan 27, 2011 at 10:14:10 pm

Thanks for the input. I actually did figure out a while ago that exporting everything before going into Encore solved the problem - but obviously it then becomes more of a hassle to make changes later and I had to deal with file size issues. I just found it strange that this occurred because it also happened with a project that I had already worked on and finished in that manner with no problems, on the same system and everything. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

John Cosmin
on May 10, 2011 at 1:28:14 pm

Hi,

I have the same problem with encore cs5 on openig an project or importing...it freeze at 21%.

Have you solved the prblomen, if yes, how ????????

Thank you

Return to posts index

Bill Antalek
on Aug 20, 2011 at 6:44:19 am

My ENCORE CS5 HANGS at 13% when opening project containing an Adobe Dynamic Link to a Premiere Pro project.

Fix: Linked project must be open in Premiere Pro to prevent hanging.

Return to posts index

Jim McAdory
on Sep 6, 2011 at 5:10:20 pm

I have the same issue (ver 5.1.0.342) on any project that I try to open. I can create a project and create DVD's as long as it's all done in the same session but as soon as Encore is closed the project can no longer be used. Since I have to render everything rather than using Dynamic Link I am going to switch to using the Corel VideoStudio for generating DVD's. It's not as powerful as Encore but it always works and is ok for my needs for now. Hopefully Adobe will address this issue soon since it seems to have been an issue in version 4.0 as well.

Return to posts index

Bill Antalek
on Sep 6, 2011 at 5:32:35 pm

It seems that the bug has to do with the dynamic linking to the Premiere PRO project. It doesn't happen with every project. If you open the linked project in Premiere PRO and then open Encore, it seems to work. Not good if you link to more than one PP project that causes a problem. You have to render all your video and import it without using the dynamic link.

I contacted Adobe, and no help. Their method included uninstalling and reinstalling everything. Their response was that it wasn't a bug and when I asked why they didn't mention trying this method, I got a runaround. Thanks Adobe.

Let me know if this works for you others.

Return to posts index

Philippe Benabes
on Sep 5, 2012 at 6:02:57 pm

I have found a solution :
Remove the .prproj files used by your project from the directery where they where but keep them
Then open the project
When encore asks you where is the file, put it back to its original location, and select it.
Repeat this for every .prproj file used by encore.
Then it will open your project

Return to posts index

David Rivas
on Mar 13, 2013 at 8:55:00 am

what worked for me was going into the source/ menus folder..
and i deleted all the adobe XMP files ..
AND .xmpses and .spu files...

then reopen ur once stuck file ... and it opens..

when i tried the previous post solution, it didnt work for me for some reason..

FCP , Encore ,and after effects student of the internet..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]