COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Takas
Burnt DVD will work on computers but NOT on DVD players
on Nov 8, 2010 at 6:52:13 pm

Hi everybody just hoping I could get some help with this please

I'm attempting my first project which is just a DVD of my holiday to the USA

The main menu has a PLAY ALL button and a SCENE SELECT button

In the SCENE SELECT menu there are a list of links (places I visited) that take you to another sub-menu which are ANAHEIM, LAS VEGAS, SAN DIEGO, HOLLYWOOD, HAWAII, etc. Each of these sub-menus will have either more sub-menus or will start playing the chapter that the user selects

When I play the DVD on my PC everything works perfectly and so do all the menu links. I've tried PowerDVD, Windows player, and Nero and they all work! I even tried the DVD I burnt on my laptop and that too works fine without any problems

The problem occurs when I try and play the DVD on my 3 different DVD players around the house!

The DVD players are a SONY, an LG, and a cheapo generic brand

With all 3 DVD players the PLAY ALL button works fine

All the locations in the SELECT SCENE menu also work EXCEPT for the first location which is ANAHEIM :(

Not a single link on the ANAHEIM menu works and when you try to select one of the links, 2 of the DVD players will freeze and 'crash' the DVD which I then have to switch the power off and restart and on the other DVD player the DVD just automatically stops and I have to press start again

Anybody know why this is happening? The main difference between ANAHEIM and the rest of the locations is that ANAHEIM has more sub-menus than the rest. Basically each section of both Disney parks has it's own menu

I thought maybe I went over some kind of limit that I'm not aware of BUT the DVD works on both PC's that I tested it on

Does the brand of the blank DVD I used play a role? I also burnt it at a slow speed so not sure what else to try

Thanking you all in advance!

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: Burnt DVD will work on computers but NOT on DVD players
on Nov 9, 2010 at 4:17:59 pm

What brand of media are you using?

This can make a difference. The best is Taiyo Yuden (now owned by JVC), followed closely by Verbatim. Those Sony discs from Costco are also decent. Don't burn faster than 6x.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

John Rich
Re: Burnt DVD will work on computers but NOT on DVD players
on Nov 11, 2010 at 4:24:45 am

You could try:
1. Select "folder" from the pulldown in the build menu and burn a folder (I'm assuming not a BluRay here).
2. Play the folder in your PowerDVD and see if all the links work on your computer.
3. Download ImgBurn (google it, it is free).
4. Burn your DVD from the folder using ImgBurn and see if it plays.

John Rich

JOHNR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]