FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't get audio track into timeline...

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JohnBen Lacy
Can't get audio track into timeline...
on Nov 4, 2010 at 7:22:10 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to create a DVD of short videos of people giving a toast to a friend of mine for his wedding. There are several different file types that people used to make their videos, but all can be opened and played in Adobe Encore. I'm trying to drag them all into a single timeline in order to create a DVD that can just be played from start to finish, without menus.

The problem I am having is that when I drag certain clips down from the project window, it will only drag the video track, and not the audio track. The odd part is that it only happens with certain clips, and what's even more weird is that it was happening with a particular clip, called Jim.AVI, and I clicked away from the program to do a few things in Premiere, then when I tried that same clip again in Encore, it allowed the audio track to go to the timeline as well.

Any ideas as to why this is happening and how I can work around it? It seems like my alternative would be to put each video into it's own timeline and just have the end action of each one lead to the next one. Or create a long video in Premiere of all the clips, then manually assign chapter marks. But I really want them to be separate chapters within the same timeline, and I feel that what I'm doing SHOULD work.

What am I overlooking?

Please help.

Thanks,

JohnBen

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Can't get audio track into timeline...
on Nov 5, 2010 at 6:00:20 am

Hi John,
Encore is not an Edit-Tool, it´s an authoring-tool.

the best way to go is to edit your video in premiere, export it as a single film and import the final (edited) film to encore for authoring.

if you´ll do one more step, you can encode your video to m2v and AC-3 for authoring, that´s what DVD-authors would normally do prior authoring. we never take a mov- or avi-file into authoring.

when you´re encoding your assets prior authoring, you have a much better control of it´s quality.

so the best way to go would be:

1. edit your film in premier
2. encode your assets with adobe media encoder
3. author your dvd/bd within encore

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

JohnBen Lacy
on Nov 5, 2010 at 3:30:38 pm

Thanks for the advice. I'm still learning a lot of this stuff, so it's nice to have more experienced people to help out.

So after editing my film in premiere, should I export it to a particular file format, and then use that file in Media Encoder? If so, what file type should I export as? Can I not somehow export it to an m2v video with AC-3 audio directly from Premiere and skip the media encode step?

Please explain.

Thanks,

JohnBen

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Nov 5, 2010 at 6:25:00 pm

hi again,
as I don´t knwo which formats (SD/HD) you are putting together I would advice also to output as one of the uncompressed formats, so you´ll have the best qualitly. another posibilty it to output as foto-jpeg 75%. it has high quality pictures and approx the same data-rate as DV-codec.

be awared to check thar all field-dominances to be the same. all DV-formats are lower first, uncompressed NTSC is lower as well but PAL and most HD-formats are upper field first.

if you going to create a DVD with wrong field-dominances your video will shuttering while playback.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]