FORUMS: list search recent posts

Error Setting up Transcoder (not answered previously)

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ryan loetscher
Error Setting up Transcoder (not answered previously)
on Oct 28, 2010 at 6:24:44 pm

Looked at the other posts for this issue, did not find the solution. Pretty straight forward:

Mac 2x 2.26 Quad, Encore CS3. I have 13 tracks that add up to about an hour, separated into two menus with thumbnails, and a title page menu with a 14th "play all" track. All videos were compressed in Telestream Episode 6 with standard DVD encode settings. All videos say "transcoded" in the Encore project... all audio says "un-transcoded" for some reason, but when I try to transcode them in Encore it says they are already DVD acceptable formats.

Problem occurs when I click to transcode anyway... or if I just try to build the project... it says Error Setting up Transcoder.

I checked the transcodes folder as was suggested in a previous post and there is nothing there to delete. I am trying to re-encode everything now, but since that is going to take me a while I thought I might as well post for other explanations while I'm waiting in case that doesn't fix the problem.

On an added note, two of the audio files kept coming in at only a few seconds, which is wrong. I had to re-encode them several times and eventually re-injested the files of the disk and encoded those and that seemed to work... probably unrelated to this issue, but worth mentioning.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Error Setting up Transcoder (not answered previously)
on Oct 31, 2010 at 1:47:57 pm

Hi Ryan,
first of all: Encore CS3 is a big mess. it is extremly buggy and I would recommend to use CS4 or better CS5.

so for your transcoded/untranscoded audio you should have a look at your project-settings. encore itself could only handle PCM or dolby AC-3 audio depending on your transcoding/project-settings.

as for all streams (video and audio) I would advice to use elementary streams.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

ryan loetscher
Re: Error Setting up Transcoder (not answered previously)
on Nov 1, 2010 at 6:37:11 pm

Wow, a post on halloween... that's dedication! Thanks! The audio format could very well be the issue... When I get past another deadline today I'm going to check that out and get back to you. Unfortunately CS3 is all I had access to... had I known about the bugs I would've just designed in DVD studio pro, but as it I designed elements in Photoshop and know the Photoshop-Encore connection better.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
≤Re: Error Setting up Transcoder (not answered previously)
on Nov 1, 2010 at 7:53:24 pm

hi ryan,
as I´m in germany, we are allready in helloween + 1 day, so we are back to normal working-day over here!

why you think audio could be a problem in your case, normally all would be transcoded if it wont match.

what you´ve used? AC3 or PCM audio? multi-channel audio?

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

ryan loetscher
Re: ≤Re: Error Setting up Transcoder (not answered previously)
on Nov 2, 2010 at 10:36:10 pm

Because you said it would only handle PCM and AC3 and my files were neither of these.

It seems the files I compressed to were a little iffy beyond just that. I did my compression in Episode 6 which is really buggy to begin with... but I may have screwed with some wrong settings. I went back to V5 and it that seems to fixing that.

However I'm having two other issues. My thumbnails aren't working and I cant get my buttons to route properly.

I did my menu in photoshop. I have the (+) in the folder title and (%) for the thumbnail placeholder title. The buttons show up in encore grayed out. I attached an asset... it turns black. But when I preview, nothing plays.

On button routing, I have 9 buttons stacked by threes on a page and I want the curser to progress through the numbers 1-9 in order when you push forward/back, up/down so on... I have the buttons labeled the correct number in the properties but the buttons only route on one level (ie. if the upper left button is highlighted it only sorts through the three on the top layer, if the middle left button is highlighted in only sorts through the three on the middle layer. It doesn't wrap). I went to the preferences tab and found the button routing options... but no combination of anything would cause any changes.

Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Nov 3, 2010 at 5:51:11 am

Hi again,
what kind of audio did you use? could it be possible that episode transcode your audio to mp2?

according to your menu-problem:

I know encore CS3 have a bug with button-creation/button-overlays within menus.

so this may be your main problem.

could you please post a screenshot from your menu/button routing - it´s not quite clear to me, what you meant by that.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

ryan loetscher
on Nov 3, 2010 at 4:16:06 pm

I uploaded the screen shot, hopefully that worked. So I want the buttons to navigate so that the viewer can just scroll forward with one button if they want... some less technically inclined people have problems navigating a menu where they have to utilize all directional pads.

So if you start at the upper left "heart to heart" thumbnail, you should be able to use the right directional pad to get to "just for the love of it" (which works), then have it wrap to "yearning"... "a walk in the park" should scroll right to "Stairway". And so on... as it is now you can only scroll across one "level", if you will. And "stairway" does not scroll to the Play All and Next buttons... you have to come at them from the top.

As for the thumbnail issue... you think its just a glitch? This would really suck to have to rebuild in DVD Studio Pro.

And yes, the audio was an mp2 format... that was a simple fix.

Return to posts index

ryan loetscher
on Nov 3, 2010 at 4:18:11 pm

Sorry, forgot the embed:

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Nov 4, 2010 at 3:10:05 pm

hi ryan,
I guess you need to unselect the auto-button-routing and do it by your own.

sometimes the auto-routing don´t work very well (same with DVD Studio). it´s just an automatic that could help you do your job a bit faster, but in my most cases it did not, so you need to do the button-routing manually.

do you know how to do that?

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

ryan loetscher
on Nov 9, 2010 at 6:03:57 pm

Thanks for your help, but I just switched to DVD studio pro. Brought the elements in and it went pretty easily. You're right, Encore CS3 is crap. I really appreciate your help though.

Return to posts index

Royce Freeman
on Nov 23, 2011 at 5:20:15 am

I have cs5 encore and premier. I have tried exporting timeline from premiere then importing file into encore and tried using dynamic link and both have same problem. When it goes to transcode it begins then freezes. What settings do i use as far speed. When i setup my timeliney clips are avi. My audio is native to avi. What settings do i need when exporting or using dynamic link? When i used cs4 i had no problem and used same avi clips? What do i need to change in cs5.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]