FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bluray SUBTITLE Issue

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Heliker
Bluray SUBTITLE Issue
on Oct 23, 2010 at 12:37:29 am

Hi All,

I've been building a Blu-ray project in Encore CS5/Mac for the last two weeks, it is fairly complex - 28 menus, hundreds of chapters - and on the feature track, I have 3 audio tracks (5.1, ST, and Commentary), as well as 4 subtitle tracks.

I've worked out most of the issues that Encore CS5 has thrown at me however I can't figure this out for the life of me and my client is now bearing down hard for a finished product that I can't seem to delivery with this overpriced bloatware called encore.

I have a popup menu, on the feature track, that has 8 buttons:

- Subtitles Off
- Subtitles 1
- Subtitles 2
- Subtitles 3
- Subtitles 4
- Audio 5.1
- Audio Stereo
- Audio Commentary

EVERY time I click one of the audio buttons (with a burned BD-RE, in my blu-ray player which works well), the FIRST SUBTITLE TRACK becomes activated, along with my desired audio selection.

The audio buttons are set to link back to themselves, and have the audio track number selected under "specify link" along with a double-tripple-checked setting of NO CHANGE under Subtitle!

What can I do? I can't drop $50k on a Scenarist even if I wanted to, and this software is murdering my project, my reputation, and my clients schedule.

Help!!!

(Thanks in advance) =)

- James Heliker
james.heliker@gmail.com

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Bluray SUBTITLE Issue
on Oct 23, 2010 at 6:54:20 am

I wish I had an answer for you but have you considered redoing the project in Do Studio? Encore has never been a professional authoring tool.

http://www.netblender.com/main/

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Bluray SUBTITLE Issue
on Oct 23, 2010 at 7:01:27 am

hi james,
this is a known bug within encores abstraction-layer-programming.

it should be fixed with the next update!

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]