FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 to Adobe Encore CS4

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Bryan
FCP7 to Adobe Encore CS4
on Oct 22, 2010 at 12:35:06 pm

Hello,

I'm just wondering if it's possible to export a file from FCP7 to burn a Blu-Ray using Adobe Encore CS4. I'm looking for a pretty basic disc with chapter menus that include chapter titles.

If it's possible can someone spell out the process for me, or point me to a tutorial that includes step-by-step directions as to how to do this?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: FCP7 to Adobe Encore CS4
on Oct 22, 2010 at 1:16:58 pm

The tutorials you googled and by reading the manual haven't helped?

Return to posts index

Chris Bryan
on Oct 22, 2010 at 1:29:04 pm

No, they didn't and that's why I posted here. Thanks for supplying a link, however I specifically asked about exporting a file from FCP7 to Adobe Encore CS4. Your tutorial begins by describing how to bring a project from Premiere to Encore, this does not really help me.

I'm hoping that by posting here, someone with more experience than I can help me out, so that I can end the two weeks of trial and error that I've been going through.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Oct 22, 2010 at 4:59:04 pm

It would be better to tell us exactly where you're having issues. Hard to troubleshoot without some details :)

Return to posts index

Chris Bryan
on Oct 22, 2010 at 5:30:27 pm

Hi guys,

Sorry if I'm not being clear. I've never used Adobe Encore before. I have a project that I am exporting from FCP7 and I'd like to use Encore to burn that file to a Blu-Ray disc with chapter menus that I set up in FCP. The tutorials I have found haven't specifically talked about this. If there are any or if anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it. Thanks for your time.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Oct 23, 2010 at 6:58:25 am

chris,
if you just need a auto-start-BD, that will start you film straight away, that wouldn´t be so difficult to create.

1. export your HD-film as self-contained quicktime mov
2. create a BD-encoding-preset in compressor using H264 for blu-ray, 20-25MBit and NO 2-pass encoding and AC-3 dolby digital
3. encode your assets
4. start encore CS4, create a new project with h264 and dolby settings and import the assets (that could take a while)
5. create a new timeline by clrl-klick on the projects-tab and drag/drop your assets into it. set your chapter-points in the timeline.
6. klick on the DISK-symbol in the flow-chart-tab and select your timeline as first-play within your properties-tab
7. go to built-tab, select format blu-ray, and output blu-ray-folder, set destination and create your disk.
8. press built-button

that was the quick overview what to do. now it´s up to you.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]