FORUMS: list search recent posts

Button on Timeline

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Thompson
Button on Timeline
on Oct 20, 2010 at 4:10:54 pm

Building a DVD project for a touchscreen and the user wont have a remote. I would like to be able to interrupt a video timeline and go back to the menu by having the user touch the screen. I could do that with an invisible button that fills the screen, but can I add this button to a timeline?

Is it possible to do this in encore without putting all the videos in menus?

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Button on Timeline
on Oct 21, 2010 at 4:16:31 am

Hi Chris,
as far as I know Encore wouldn´t allow you to create BOV (button over video) as it is allowed within DVD-specs, it will only be possible within your menus.

if you would like to do real BOV I would suggest to use apple DVD Studio Pro. with it it´s pretty simple to create those BOV as you need to have.

one thing you need to know:
I have figured out, that BOV needs a refresh at approx. every 30sek- 1min. otherwise it wont be possible to hit the button - that´s my experince with it.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Chris Thompson
Re: Button on Timeline
on Oct 21, 2010 at 6:59:13 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I am glad to hear that DVD Studio Pro does allow that, once my budget allows I will be getting a new FCP system. My previous experience has been doing it on the old Sonic DVD Producer and Scenarist systems Even though Encored doesn't hold a torch to what you can do in those systems, I was a little surprised that it didn't allow me to create that simple button.

Since I needed the Titles on the DVD for a scanner attached to the system. What I did as a work around is create a timeline for each piece of video with a 1 second clip of black and had those branch to the corresponding menus were I had the actual video with the button. I hate having all those Orphaned clips, but this is just a presentation piece playing on a dedicated system and it seems to work. However those 1 second clips really slows down the user's experience.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]