FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore freezes on Setting Timestamp

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zvi Twersky
Encore freezes on Setting Timestamp
on Oct 19, 2010 at 8:30:00 am

Encore CS3 freezes when it gets to the validating "Setting Timestamp" part. This is a brand new computer with Windows 7 professional x64 and I use Encore CS3 at work on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with no problem.

I tried also using Encore CS5 and the same freeze happens at the same time. My Sony DVD drive has the latest firmware (1.3) and I hadn't connected to the internet and there are no viruses.

I have no problem burning stuff with Ashampoo or Windows "Burn Disk". I also have no problem just doing "Transcode Now". It transcodes fine. I tried with all kinds of formats, m2v, mp4, DV avi, Canopus Avi, etc... all the same problem.

The freeze is so strong, it freezes the whole computer and even the CTRL-ALT-DEL\CTRL-SHFT\ESC buttons won't bring up the task window. The whole computer freezes.

There are no created dump files or error logs associated with this problem. Even Procmon does not show anything wrong with Encore.

I tried many things mentioned on forums like installing Roxio stuff, deleting the Adobe subfolder from AppData and restarting, removing registry keys, reinstalling the Adobe product....

What can I do?

p.s. I would like to ask something: My Encore menus are with video and music. If I let Encore "burn to image" and then burn the image with a different sowtware, will the final DVD be the same as if Encore burned it? All the links, buttons, menus, etc....?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]