FORUMS: list search recent posts

BluRay horizontal stuttering in Encore but not Toast

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Stubblefield
BluRay horizontal stuttering in Encore but not Toast
on Oct 17, 2010 at 8:43:05 pm

Thanks for the previous help!

I am making simple "insert & play" BluRays from 1920x1080 10-bit uncompressed QT online output.
When processing in Toast, by setting the bit rates to Avg. 21.5 and Max. 25.5, I get a decent result with slight horiz. movement stutter, but still more stutter than I can accept. I know Encore should yield a better result than Toast, but I can't find any Encore settings that get rid of the horiz. movement stutter. In Encore, the stutter is much worse, so I must be missing something.

Processing from 10 bit in Encore, in the new project setup, I've tried both mpeg2 and h264. In the transcode presets, I've tried both mpeg2 and h264, quality presets auto and 1920x1080 23.976 maximum, in export settings I've tried both codecs, and when trying h264 I've set the video settings: profile to "Main," and the level to 4.1.

Every time, Encore puts out a bluray with much worse stutter than Toast, so bad that any civilian would see it.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

many thanks

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: BluRay horizontal stuttering in Encore but not Toast
on Oct 19, 2010 at 4:35:36 pm

What creates stutter is improper framerate or field order settings.

Here are some important questions:

1) What format is your source footage (resolution, framerate, and interlaced or progressive)?

2) What format did you create the quicktime file in?

3) What format did you encode the Blu-ray into?

Also, Encore could be incorrectly interpreting your footage. So you may need to right click on the asset, go to interpret footage, and confirm that everything is what it should be.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]