FORUMS: list search recent posts

Restricting Menu Movement?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Messer
Restricting Menu Movement?
on Oct 13, 2010 at 5:49:40 pm

I have a menu I created where all the buttons are a little off center.

Here's my menu setup:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Back

Chapter
Chapter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Next

Since the Back and Next buttons are directly over top each other, when I press "down" on my DVD remote, it jumps down to Next, instead of the first Chapter point.

How would I correct the highlight order of the buttons?

Also, is there a way to remove the functionality of the left/right arrows on the remote so you can only use the up/down arrows?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Restricting Menu Movement?
on Oct 13, 2010 at 7:03:18 pm

Turn off (uncheck this) "Automatically Route Buttons"
Turn on the routing pointers on the menu so you can see what you are doing. One at a time, click and hold each arrow for each button and drag (link) it to the button of your choice. Make sure all left and right arrows for each button are not linked to anything (0), this disables them.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Oct 13, 2010 at 7:19:37 pm

More specifically, highlght the menu in your project window/tab, then under the properties tab, uncheck the "Automatically Route Buttons" option. In your Menu window, at the botton there will be several buttons, hover over one until it says "Show Button Routing" - this will toggle on/off the view for the routing of buttons on your menu. Each button has four arrows that relate to the navigation arrows on your remote. Click, hold and drag each left and right arrow for each button (one at a time) into an empty part of the menu. A "0" on that arrow will confirm it will not be functional. Click, hold and drag the "down" arrow on your "Back" button to the center of your "Chapter One" button and release - the number in the down arrow will be the same as the number of your "Chapter One" button. Hope this is more clear.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Jason Messer
on Oct 16, 2010 at 3:49:11 pm

This was exactly what I needed. A very detailed explanation that worked great!

Someone give this guy 24 silver dollars!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]