FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore doesn't recognize DLT drive

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Johns
Encore doesn't recognize DLT drive
on Oct 11, 2010 at 12:36:09 pm

I just bought a DLT drive to master a DVD with CSS copy protection for replicating and even though Quantum's xTalk sees the drive and says it's fine, encore won't.

Do I need to re-install the software? Just curious if anyone has had this happen to them and what to do about it.

Thanks so much

Return to posts index

Bill Johns
Re: Encore doesn't recognize DLT drive
on Oct 11, 2010 at 7:28:53 pm

I just did a complete re-install of the Adobe CS4 suite but to no avail.

The drive is a Quantum DLT1, but the xTalk sees it as a DLT7000. I downloaded a backup program called Quarantine and it works fine too.
I'm running Vista 64bit.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Oct 13, 2010 at 6:44:03 am

hi bill,
as far as I know Encore couldnĀ“t read/write DLT-tapes, not CS5 nor any versions before.

you need to have a seperate application like gearmaster pro (on PC) or DVD AfterEdit ME (on MAC) for that.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Bill Johns
on Oct 19, 2010 at 1:39:47 pm

Minu's right, you simply have to run the program as administrator and viola! the tape deck is there. So much for proper documentation from Adobe. I already built a master, so we'll see how it works. Thanks All!

Return to posts index

minu sharma
on Oct 18, 2010 at 6:45:13 am

Hi Bill ,

It seems that you are on PC ( Vista or win 7) . If your tape gets recognized in Device manager and not in Encore . Right click on Encore icon and Launch Encore as Administrator. Encore will recognize DLT .

Encore CS5 has a new feature called DDP image , from which you can directly burn DDP images with copy protection and send it for replication, no need for DLT.

I hope your issue will be resolved.

Thanks
Minu

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]