FORUMS: list search recent posts

Simple DVD burn question

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Barnett
Simple DVD burn question
on Oct 10, 2010 at 6:36:21 pm

Hard to believe I am having such trouble. I have a bunch of wmv files I want to simply put to dvd disks for viewing on a stand alone burner on tv. I tried winAVI but the video would freeze every time at two seconds. It played fine on the pc except there was no sound. So Encore I am trying out. I converted the wmv file with Adobe Encoder to mpeg2-dvd. I am stuck now on getting it to the Sony DVD-RW drive. In Encore cs5, in the build tab I can not choose that file. Or am I going about this the wrong way? I do want the best possible quality. Thanks in advance for any response. Rick

Windows 7 64bit pro

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Simple DVD burn question
on Oct 11, 2010 at 11:42:34 am

rick,
you need to learn the basics first. you can´t burn a MPEG2-file on a DVD to play it back on standalone-players.

DVDs needs to be authored/programmed with DVD-authoring-applications like adobe Encore or apple DVD Studio Pro.

to author DVDs you need elementary video- and audio-streams and within the authoring-app you´re creating the logical connetions between all asset - menus, videos, audio and subtitles.

the final progress would be to mulitplex all these assets into a DVD(-folder) and to burn it to your DVD+/-R or to give it to replication-facility.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Rick Barnett
on Oct 11, 2010 at 6:49:38 pm

Yikes! These are the basics huh? Is there a tutorial I can view on this? Or step by step instructions? I don't want to do any adjustments to these .wav files, just want to transfer them to a DVD for TV viewing. Oh and the sound to work. :) Rick

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Oct 13, 2010 at 6:47:03 am

hi rick,
I´m creating some tutorials for blustreak at the moment, maybe I should put this on my todo-list as well.

soon you´ll find them here: http://www.blustreak.dvdafteredit.com/

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Rick Barnett
on Oct 13, 2010 at 5:06:18 pm

That would be great Dan.....much appreciated!!!

Return to posts index

minu sharma
on Oct 18, 2010 at 7:00:17 am

Hi Rick ,

You have mentioned : "In Encore CS5, in the build tab I can not choose that file" what does this mean?

Simple steps to burn your files in DVD are :

1. Import your files in project.
2. Create single or multiple timelines( Depending upon your requirement)
3. Import menu ( from library or your own), if you want menu should be a part of DVD.
4. Set first play to any timeline or menu.
5. Do linking to menu ( if you want)
6. Preview from File menu and check all things work as expected.
7. Go to Build Panel.
8. Select Format as DVD and Output as DVD Disc .
9. Check Recorder (Burner) availability, some Burner should be connected and visible.
10. Insert Disc in Burner .
11 Click on Build Panel.
12. Building will start, after build is successful , check disc on DVD player.

I hope these steps will help you.

Thanks
Minu

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]