Fields problem

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Younes
Fields problem
on Oct 9, 2010 at 1:40:31 pm

Hello all,
I have a problem with exporting my 3d animation to DVD
I know about the fields order and stuff but the problem is I rendered all the animation in 3ds max with no fields at all (as it was intended to be seen on PC screens) and now the client wants to see it on DVD/TV screen and the re-render is not an option at all (too much time to render)
when i send the animation to encore and I set the preset to PalDV
I cant set the fields order at all (as the obvious solution to me is to set the order to none progressive) wich is by default lower fields first.the quality of the DVD when view on TV screen is messy with lot of flickering and stuff
could anyone please help me with this and thanks from advance....

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Fields problem
on Oct 10, 2010 at 9:31:04 am

hi tony,
DV-PAL is the worst codec you could use, because it is 4:2:0 only.

you better use animation codec, uncompressed 8 or 10bit, or if you´re working on mac you could use PRO RES HQ as well.

as your animation is progressive, you could easily encode it to any interlaced format as you want but it´s possible to encode it to progressive MPEG2 for DVD, too.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Tony Younes
on Oct 11, 2010 at 10:22:35 am

thanks daniel for your reply but the problem is I did what you suggested and the DVD still when viewed on a TVscreen flickers a lot
and when viewd on PCscreen will plays great.I dunno what to do....

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Oct 11, 2010 at 10:49:26 am

tony,
all professional codecs are upper field first, but there is other thing you need to care of.

computer-animations and grafic-stuff is far to sharp and have diffenent luma/croma-levels.

while you are rendering with RGB-values from 0-255, TV works at YUV-level, that´s RGB 16-235.

this could cause bad flicking on tube-TVs. so you need to soften your picture with a 1-2px 90 degrees-blur and you need to reduce the color-levels from 0-255 to 16-235.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Tony Younes
on Oct 11, 2010 at 12:37:52 pm

thanks so much danny,the blur trick solved the problem
thanks for your time

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]