FORUMS: list search recent posts

OSStatus error=-37

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Owen Bruce
OSStatus error=-37
on Sep 28, 2010 at 7:55:37 am

Hi guys,

I've searched through the various forums and not seen any mention of this one so here goes;

I exported my 1920x1080 sequence through compressor to create an elementary stream/dolby 2.0 timeline and get the error code OSStatus error =-37 on import into encore.

I'm running snow leopard and have successfully authored BD's recently and this seems to be a new issue.

I tested to see if old elementary streams would import into this current project and they all work fine with no issues.

All my edits are done with identical settings in FCP, however, so it seems strange that in this instance it wont work!

Deadline is looming, naturally, and i'm stuck... any ideas much appreciated???

cheers,

O.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: OSStatus error=-37
on Sep 28, 2010 at 8:20:40 pm

did you use the bluray-setting within compressor? or something else?

you haven´t mention the frame-rate of your video. is it MPEG2HD or is it H264?

any menus on the BD?

far to many questions.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Owen Bruce
on Sep 29, 2010 at 5:27:37 am

Hi Danny,
cheers for getting back to me.
I actually managed to sort it out in the end, the fix being to create the project on the desktop instead of any of the external drives with no other applications running... and interestingly i had to transfer the FCP project on the main desktop hard drive and export fromrough compressor from there.

a few observations tho just incase you may have something to add;

i kept on being told "this project is formatted for windows so can't be opened on your mac" (or similar) and sometimes importing the asset would freeze at 99%.
My export was the elementary stream setting in compressor and dolby 2.0.
no menus... i couldn't get to the stage of making menus until the whole thing was fixed.
frame rate was 29.97 and it was M2v.

The strangest thing was that, altho i have had frustrating episodes with encore in the past, everything had been working fine previously and this was a random inexplicable issue.

anyway, any comments will be much appreciated...

cheers,

O.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Sep 29, 2010 at 6:59:39 pm

owen,
you´re talking about differnt things.

1.) I guess your FCP seams to be messed up.

normally it doesn´t matters on which exteral drive your FCP-project has been saved, it should work everywhere.

which version FCP do you use and which os do you have?

2.) "this project is formatted for windows so can't be opened on your mac" is another ugly bug from encore, it used to be fixed within encore CS5. even pc-projects could be opened on mac and vice-verca.

3.) why you used m2v instead of h264? h264 have a better picture-quality with lower bitrate.

finally: encore CS3 is horrible, CS4 is a big mess, even encore CS5 but it´s a lot better and have a lot improovements and bugfixes.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]