FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore dvd menu buttons will not highlight.

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Cottington
Encore dvd menu buttons will not highlight.
on Sep 16, 2010 at 9:08:36 pm

I have a very bizarre situation here. I have a motion menu created in after effects and rendered as a .mov with buttons that I have created in photoshop using the (+)button group and (=1)code for the actual highlight shape. In the actual preview of encore the buttons work and are fine, on my own dvd player they work and are fine. However, on VLC, Windows Media Player, another dvd player, and another computer the highlight buttons do not appear at all. They can still be clicked but they do not highlight.

I have tried changing the (=1) to (=2) and (=3)and Clicking the eyeball on and off and seeing if that worked, which it did not. I have deleted them and created new buttons, yet every single time it is doing the exact same thing. I am running on windows vista with encore cs4. Help is definitely appreciated.

Return to posts index

chris miller
Re: Encore dvd menu buttons will not highlight.
on Oct 21, 2010 at 3:23:34 pm

I am having a similar situation myself. I have been researching all over for a solution but no one seems to have the answer. I have even called Adobe. Their response was to download the trial version of Encore CS5 and see if that would fix the issue. However, Encore is not available in the trial mode. I certainly do not want to upgrade if the software is never going to work correctly. I am currently running CS3 on Mac OS 10.6.4.

My menu is quite simple with three buttons linked to three timelines. Works great when previewing, checks out completely, but once I have burned the Bluray disc and put it in a player, the highlights are not there. Can anyone out there offer a solution to this annoying and expensive issue? I too have tried rebuilding the entire menu, using different buttons, changing them from (=1) to (=3), tried turning off and back on the buttons and re-linking them, editing in photoshop then making sure I saved instead of save as. I am at my wits end and I STILL do not have my client's blu-ray completed.

HELP!!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]