FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore to Flash

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karen Kocher
Encore to Flash
on Sep 14, 2010 at 2:15:31 pm

Hi:
I am a DVD Studio Pro user, but I understand that Encore can output a DVD straight to Flash. I am teaching a class where we use DVD Studio Pro and then move to Flash later in the semester. It would be great if we could just use Encore for DVD Authoring and output web-ready Flash projects all in one shot. Does anyone have experience with doing this and/or could point me to a manual that discusses this procedure? I am wary that the Encore, would support less functionality than a Flash native project.
Also, DVD SP does not support sound on button rollovers or clicks. Does Encore support sound on button rollovers and clicks?
Thanks,
Karen

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Encore to Flash
on Sep 15, 2010 at 11:12:03 am

Maybe someone else can chime in with more info but I do know that the DVD to Flash option is limited in Encore. Personally though, if you're teaching Flash to students, a good DVD to Flash conversion tool (even if it did exist) wouldn't be the way to go.

No...DVD does not support rollover button sounds. but here is a tutorials for DVDSP which comes close:

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/alexzander_alex/audio_feedback_menu...

DVDSP is a much more robust tool than Encore so, IMO, teaching DVD with it would be the way to go. It support scripting which is mandatory in any authoring class!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]