FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Project for PC viewing only

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chip Thome
Video Project for PC viewing only
on Sep 8, 2010 at 4:20:18 am

Here's the background.

There are 10 people from each of 4 locations creating their own video clips to be included in this project. They will select 7 out of 9 possible listed subjects and create their videos and submit them.

The client wants to be able to view each person's submissions and as he said "tagged" by the listed subjects they selected for ease in finding them out of the entire video.

Then the client would also like to be able to view each subject and all submissions from the various people for that subject, and again "tagged" this time to separate each subject by the 4 locations.

My client will then be shipping this entire project off to his client, who will ultimately be the one viewing and utilizing the videos.

This entire project will be viewed strictly on PCs.

My client has suggested separate videos, of each of the people participating and of each of the 9 possible subjects. To do so will create 49 different videos files broken down as 40 of the people and 9 of the possible subjects.

My first question, can Encore build a "DVD like" file with a menu that can be viewed as a DVD would be, but just clicking on the file icon on a PC ???

Is there a better program to build something like that ???

IMO, the client's suggestion of 49 videos isn't a very efficient way to deliver this project, and then to be able to utilize it. If this was a collection of "sales figures" instead of video clips, I could lay this out in Excel in a heartbeat.

Is there a more efficient way to deliver this project, that gives more options to accessing the various areas and combination, than the typical Encore menu is going to give ??? If so, what program could accomplish that ???

One last quirk to all of this. Some of the locations are non English speaking, and I will be inserting translated audio into the video for those. I would like to give my client the opportunity to be able to present the originals as well, in case his client has bi lingual people who will be viewing and utilizing this.

Thanks in advance for any input you may have for me.

Return to posts index

Chip Thome
Re: Video Project for PC viewing only
on Sep 12, 2010 at 6:02:04 pm

Client is going another route..... thanks for any considerations.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]