FORUMS: list search recent posts

"General Error" CS4 on Mac

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Drewe
"General Error" CS4 on Mac
on Aug 31, 2010 at 1:33:53 pm

I'm in the midst of updating an existing Encore project for a client; a rather large instructional DVD. The project itself is fairly lengthy, with a series of submenus, motion transitions, and about 25-30 individual timelines.

Everything was working smoothly - I was updating the timelines with the new video/audio tracks and about ready to put the finishing touches on the project before a burn. That's when, in the midst of adding some audio assets, it tells me it can't find them (even though it imported them anyway), then proceeds to offline all my content and won't let me reconnect it. So I closed the project without saving (I didn't lose much) and tried to reload this morning, only to get a vague "General Error" message. I can't access the project, it keeps sending me back to the intro splash screen, and I've no idea what's changed from not saving yesterday to opening today.

I read up about other people having General Error problems, but they were talking about using a PC and CS3, so I'm not sure it applies. Has anyone encountered this problem on a mac in CS4?

Mark

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: "General Error" CS4 on Mac
on Sep 4, 2010 at 6:40:55 am

hi mark,
even encore CS4 or CS5 on mac is a mess. but I would suggest to update to CS5. there are a lot bugfixes within encore CS5 and you can create multi-layer-menus for blu-ray.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]