Converting MOV to DVD

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Guy Nimni
Converting MOV to DVD
on Aug 31, 2010 at 5:29:50 am

Hi there guys...

I'm a newbie in ADOBE's ENCORE (CS4).

I've created a presentation in after effects cs4 and exported it to PAL DV, then I did some editing in premiere and ended up exporting a jurky looking video...

I've asked in some forums and people said I should use MOV as the video format and then go trough the after effects-->premiere process.

Now, The video looks good as a MOV file, and I want to know how can I convert my final MOV file to DVD, using encore, without much loss of quality.

* And one last Question, is it true that if I'm using 720X576 video on a full computer screen things will look jurky because I have much more pixels on the computer screen, while on the DVD the 720X576 video would look better ?

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Converting MOV to DVD
on Sep 3, 2010 at 9:04:28 pm

hi guy,
DV-pal is a bad choice, because it´s the worst picture-quality-setting. you should have selected uncompressed PAL, pro res HQ or maybe DVCPRO50.

DV-pal has a significant compression and quality-loose on the picture.

if you want to have a good picture on your DVD, you might use adobe encoder and create your own setting.

and be awared of field-dominance of video (upper/lower)! take care of it!!

and to your last point:
computer-screens have a much higher resolution than PAL, so the picture will be upscalled - the picture wont be better!

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]