FORUMS: list search recent posts

5.1 audio in Encore for BluRay

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kirk Smith
5.1 audio in Encore for BluRay
on Aug 30, 2010 at 1:49:06 pm

I'm trying to create a bluray disk with some 720p cutscenes from a game. I have the video and audio, and I can render the video in the right format using AE, but I'm having issues with the audio.

Each of the cutscenes has 4 audio files, 2 stereo files containing the front and rear left/right channels, and 2 mono files with the center and sub channels. I'm able to render these to a single, multi-channel WAV file using Sony Vegas, but Encore won't accept. WAV with more than 2 channels. I can't render to an AC3 from Vegas for some reason, it says I need to install DVD Architect, but I have that installed. I can't figure out how to render a 5.1 channel audio file from After Effects, if it's even possible.

So I have 4 files with all 6 channels individually, and I have 1 file with all 6 channels that Encore won't accept.

So how can I accomplish what I want? A BluRay with 5.1 audio.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: 5.1 audio in Encore for BluRay
on Sep 2, 2010 at 9:12:48 pm

you need a dolby-certificated AC-3-encoder, like minitouka or apples compressor that could create 5.1-dolby digital-streams.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Kirk Smith
on Sep 2, 2010 at 11:55:59 pm

I have Quicktime Pro, will that work? If not, is there no way to do it without having to buy another piece of software?

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Sep 3, 2010 at 3:22:29 am

hi,
the simple answer is no!

you need to have a different software to do that.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Kirk Smith
on Sep 3, 2010 at 3:55:03 am

So Quicktime Pro (which, for the record, IS a different software,) won't do it. Vegas is supposed to be able to, but it says I have to install DVD Architect...which I have installed. Why won't Vegas let me do it even though I have DVD Architect installed?

Return to posts index

John Frey
on Sep 3, 2010 at 4:54:48 pm

Post this on the Vegas site.

John D. Frey
25 Year owner/operator of two California-based production studios.

Digital West Video Productions of San Luis Obispo and Inland Images of Lake Elsinore

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]